Aircon Wiring

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
AlanS
3000 rpm

Post by AlanS »

Standard practice I've always used has been to evacuate for an hour or two then leave on the gauges and keep a check on the vacuum for another hour. If it drops in reading within that hour you have a leak. (There is a system whereby the vacuum pump can be used to both test for moisture or leaks but too involved to go into here.)
After this, I remove old receiver/drier fit new, along with new "O" rings and evacuate system again.
Over here these days, rather than let the system just fill with air when swapping drier over, (and potentially moisture) they replace the vacuum with LPG (yep, barbeque gas), just a slight pressurising before disconnecting, then going through the entire process again. Problem is that your fridge man mightne't like getting LPG into his evvacuation process, as a few of them don't realise it's totally environmentally friendly and is compatable with all refrigerants, seals, oils and dessicants, in fact I have one car operating on LPG over here that I ran out of time on and had a hard to find leak and in any case is the base material for "Greenfreeze" refrigerant.

As to my current state of health Doc, might be able to tell you more later today as I had a call from a doctor who had been called by the pathologist who did blood tests on me yesterday morning, that one had come back abnormally high and he was all for dropping me in hospital when he rang at midnight. I have to see my doctor at 9am today. Hopefully some idea then.

Alan S
docchevron1472
4000 rpm

Post by docchevron1472 »

I think my freeze man will be ok with LPG, he's dodgy as hell and does anything for a beer!

Hope they find out whats wrong and you make a full and speedy recovery mate.
1990 BX 16v Phase 2
1989 BX TD hybrid
1971 BL 350FG Ambulance (unique)
1993 Dennis Lance 132
That's when I reach for my Revolver
AlanS
3000 rpm

Post by AlanS »

Got to go to hospital fot a few days, so won't be around until anybody's guess.

I podt when I eventually get back; this sounds like it might be quite a session.

Alan S
docchevron1472
4000 rpm

Post by docchevron1472 »

Best wishes mate.
1990 BX 16v Phase 2
1989 BX TD hybrid
1971 BL 350FG Ambulance (unique)
1993 Dennis Lance 132
That's when I reach for my Revolver