remote plips

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
Toddman
Administrator

remote plips

Post by Toddman »

Just thought I would ask before I start playing around with the silver valvers remote locking.

It came with a good plip casing but a broken circuit board however I have a couple of plips so have transplanted a new board into the housing - question is how easy is it to match the plips and receivers up?
Is there an adjustment on the receiver or do I need to change the chip on the plip?

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
MoRtYMer
3000 rpm

Post by MoRtYMer »

I found a while this, hope can it help you.

http://www.rwbsmith.plus.com/citroen2/plip/
Toddman
Administrator

plip

Post by Toddman »

Great stuff Mortymer :D
Will tackle that tomorrow

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
NZ16v
3000 rpm

Post by NZ16v »

I dunno if this will help, but over here in NZ, we have an electronics store called Jaycar,and they stock universal radio central locking kits. I bought one as my valver didnt come with a fob. It took 1/2 an hour to install, and it works mint, right down to the infuriating habit of lock/unlock when you press it sometimes!Unless you are a citroen purist, I cant recommend enough to lose the useless infrared fob-it only tends to work once you are close enough to use the bloody key in the lock anyway! For a look see, go to jaycar.co.nz, and type in central locking, or the number is CAT. NO. LR8839. You should be able to hook up with one similar over your way no problems-theres a lot more of you over there!!!
Would rather be driving ONE 16v,than fixng TWO.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

the remote locking on the wife's fiat was Such a simple fit its almost beyond beleif!

the kit came with two remote plips and a relay with an areal! simply unplug the corresponding relay in the fuse board as per instructions, plug in the new one, close glove box and remote locking installed!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Mike E (uk)
4000 rpm

Post by Mike E (uk) »

I agree wih NZ16V.

Maplin do some decent alarm systems which interface easily with the central locking.

CPC.co.uk also do remote senders and receivers which can be adapted to do the locking too, with the addition of a few transistors as switches.