New member says hi.

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Anonymous

New member says hi.

Post by Anonymous »

Hi folks. My names rich and i've been looking at this board for a few years now. Had trouble signing up in the past but someone contacted me about an ebay ad i had up and helped me get on here, so thanks mystery person, whoever you are :D

I'm currentley on my second 16v and this one has turned into a road legal track car. It ran a 15.5 second quarter at the pod last weekend on a completley standard engine and box and some very shonky tyres. I think with some decent boots and a little bit of suspension work i can get it in the fourteens.
I've also got my first track day coming up in october so looking forward to that in ways you cant even imagine.

Heres a quick pic, i'll start a proper thread ( or copy and paste one ) in a little while.

Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

how do

what track will you be at? i might be based considerably further south by then!
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

nice car! welcome to the club!

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Vanny wrote:how do

what track will you be at? i might be based considerably further south by then!

Its at marham in norfolk but unfortunately there's no spectators allowed. Its a charity track day at the RAF airbase there. I'll keep you posted with how i get on and hopefully get some video up.
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

i wasn't suggesting i would be specatating as a civilian, i'm quite sure they will accept volunteer spectators dressed as a pumpkin (orange pobans) if you know what i mean. Sounds rather fun though!
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

yeah yeah yeah! another black Phase 2 man! nice one!
sounds like your having a lot fo fun in the car! good on you! nice to hear of them getting used as intended!

welocme to the club! 8)
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Toddman
Administrator

hi

Post by Toddman »

Hi Rev - it was me who mailed you LOL! :D
I think I can remember your username from the old forum but it is really good to have you onboard.
Car looks and sounds great and you can work wonders with the suspension with a few select sphere mods.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yeah i was a member on the old forum when i had a 16v itch a couple of years ago. I couldnt find one and ended up with a Renault 19 16V, it was, to say the least, a bit of a let down :(
Toddman
Administrator

valver

Post by Toddman »

I noticed your registration in the other thread - check this out my silver valver is another sister ship :D that's quite a collection of FJHs were have now.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch