Advice & a part needed - Urgent

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
furyd
Tick Over

Advice & a part needed - Urgent

Post by furyd »

Can anyone advise me on installing a dual amp audio system - basic wiring diagram would be helpful.. connecting 2 subs to 1 amp (in stereo) and 1 other sub to the other amp (mono) - I have a 1.5 f capacitor and cables..

Where's the best locations for running the wiring on the BX (especially the 4 gauge +ve and Earthing)

Also, have been looking for a Heater control cable (the one that connects from the control panel to the heater valve) and also 3 cable retaining clips.. the local dealers are clueless and say they can't get hold of them! Can anyone help source these or maybe someone has them lying around?!?

LMK asap

Cheers
Fury D
----------------------------
Current: BX GTi 16V PhII - Grey [Gunmetal]
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

wiring wise,run the power cabel downt he passenger side, the trima are all screwed on and a couple of screws are in not so obvious places mind! but there is a grommet in the bulkhead which you can pass the cable through, if your in the engine bay its behind the battery area, under the neat arrangement of pipes!
run the rca's down the drivers side to avoid interfearence!
run a single power cable to the power cap and then into a spliter box to feed both amps, you can simple connect the 'remote' from one amp to the other (fed from Head unit to one amp),
ideally you should use a 4 channel amp for the pair of subs and run it in bridged mode (left channel negative to right channel positive) and one sub per pair of chanels (channel 1&2 and 3&4)which will boost the ability of the amp to be able to power both subs with out over running it,

the other amp for the single sub in mono, run that as bridged too as again will save the amp a bit,

thats the way i have run all my systems in the cars i have had,
althogh 2 12's int he boot of the bx generates some serious sound! (had my pair running of a 6ch 600w amp, running as two channels bridged and the gain was set on about 1/3! could have it that loud that the bass would be just aboput to allow your bowels to let go! )

what sub's and amps are you running?? head unit etc.??

with the set up i had, there was still plenty of room for the wife and i to go away for the weekend and have plenty of boot space for the luggage!!

luke may well ahve some of the clips you need in his 'stores' ??? its more like a bx aladins cave from what i've heard haha! :wink:
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Toddman
Administrator

cable and clips

Post by Toddman »

I expect I can get ypu a new cable and accompanying clips but with these being common to the range I trip to the breakers should see ypu right.

If you want me to try and get the new parts just let me know

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
furyd
Tick Over

Post by furyd »

Thanks for the advise Timmo... have PM'ed you details of what I have and what I need with regards to the audio.

-----

Luke, have also PM'ed you..

Cheers
Fury D
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

I used to connect my pair of subs to a 2ch amp using the bridged +/- terminals, as I remember doing it like this brings it all down to 1 ohm thus getting more power from the amp!
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
furyd
Tick Over

Post by furyd »

Sorted! Have sourced and received the parts needed - Thanks to Vanny! Cheers mate.
Fury D