Quaife LSD experiences anyone?

Make requests for parts and cars here
NZ16v
3000 rpm

Quaife LSD experiences anyone?

Post by NZ16v »

i am buildin up this 16v in a bit,as soon as i have reastored by P2, with a bit more HP and performance in mind. The guy who is doin my cams (Peter Taylor) recommends a quaife LSD if i am goin for 190hp.Anyone had one in their rides? Its an MI16 model im after, which is of course a straight swap. HInts?Advice?Jeez theyre expensive-i was quoted $1800NZD for one over here.So if anyone knows of a cheap one somewhere, let us know!!!!! :lol:
Would rather be driving ONE 16v,than fixng TWO.
Toddman
Administrator

tuning

Post by Toddman »

If Peter Taylor is a 205 fan and goes under the guise of Peter T you are in good hands.

I expect you could save a lot of cash if someone from this forum sourced you a LSD and shipped it over to you or alternatively have you looked at the gripper/phantom grip LSD systems they are supposed to offer a cheaper alternative to the Quaiffe although they don't claim to be as flexible.

Gary C has a Quiaffe fittted to he racer.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Gary C
4000 rpm

Post by Gary C »

Quaife ATB is currently £525, no UK VAT to pay as you are outside EU but you may be required to pay some form of import duty. Postage about £60.

Fitted the diff several years ago and it has given no problem - Quaife reckons it is fit and forget, so far so good.

It is smooth in operation and has a small lag effect so it will allow a wheel to spin momentarily, this may be down to the slow reaction of the BX hydraulics to a change of direction.
NZ16v
3000 rpm

Post by NZ16v »

cheers gary, Have a price of 1600 bucks NZD,plus GST(12.5%), so its not too bad over here.Will look at it again in a little while,bit costly at the moment. Have got a set of V6 xantia calipers and discs to go on too,weighing up whether or not to buy em after the 'big brakes' thread! would love to get a bit of info off you about the internals of your little ripper too,as i am gonna (hopefully) build a bit of a weapon later in the year, with rear seats out, bit of strengthening here and there, but still tidy inside-carpet and the like.Gotta get my other valver restored to factory first!
Would rather be driving ONE 16v,than fixng TWO.