used 4x4 transfer box input shaft and gearbox output

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
christhelion
Tick Over

used 4x4 transfer box input shaft and gearbox output

Post by christhelion »

I'm wondering if anyone has a transfer box input shaft for the 4x4's and an output shaft from the gearbox.

I've got a gti 4x4 and although the splines haven't stripped, I fear they will.. and some people I've been speaking to have knackered shafts.

I'm a design engineer and design clutches for trucks and I think if I had some old shafts to measure I may be able to come up with a stronger design and give the designs to people with 4x4's to get made (I'm hoping to find a 4x4 owner with access to a machine shop.. as I don't really.. just a design office).
There's plenty of 4x4's being scrapped just because of this shaft going. I know getting shafts made won't be that cheap either but it could be a long term investment..

If anyone has these parts or knows anyone that has these parts can they please get in touch with me.
Yamaha RXS100
VW Polo Coupe Boulevard 1043cc!!
Skoda Felicia 1.9D
Ford Sierra 1.8LX
Peugeot Partner 1.9D
Vauxhall Astra 1.4 Merit
1999 Ford Transit 190 LWB Hi-Cube
1986 Honda VF750F
VW Polo 1.0L
1992 Citroen BX GTi 4x4
Kawasaki ZX-9R B2 1995
Mandic
4000 rpm

Post by Mandic »

Design is not a problem up to certain torque, it's the fact they do not have any protection against water entering between gbox and TB, so rust is the enemy in most cases.

If You are interested in buying stronger shafts PM me, they are available, but they do not come cheap.

Cheers

Ziga
Image Don't run your life on diesel
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

What is the main difference between the standard 4x4 box, the mi16 one and a T16 one? As i understood it, they are interchangable, so is the material different between the boxes or do they have different sized splines? If it is a difference in spline size, then do you need the corresponding gearbox output shaft to match?
Mandic
4000 rpm

Post by Mandic »

Just use google translator:

Cheers

Ziga
Image Don't run your life on diesel