16V ECU (shipment to Holland)

Make requests for parts and cars here
mechuccio
3000 rpm

16V ECU (shipment to Holland)

Post by mechuccio »

Does anyone maybe have an ECU to spare and be willing to ship it to the Netherlands?

I'm looking for a XEBM0119 0 261 200 119

Thanks in advance
You can't spell slaughter without laughter ->I just love my 16V<-
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Where in the netherlands? I may be able to get it hand delivered. Equally if you can get one to me in the next two week then i am happy to ship it over to you.

Have you checked the components on the existing ECU to see if it can be salvaged?
mechuccio
3000 rpm

Post by mechuccio »

Hey man that's great!

I've checked the old ECU, you can find clickable pictures in the techtalk part of this forum (dead ECU) I don't think it's fixable, there seems to be corrosion inside the circuit boards. I could try to completely dissasemble it and rebuild it with new solder, but that's just undoable.

I live in Roermond in the south of hollan, it's close to the A2 highway which leads from Maastricht to Amsterdam, and about 50 kilometers from Maastricht. Allthough I could meet up with you anywhere you like, Holland is not that big :wink:

How much would you like for the ECU?

thanks a bunch M8!
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

you may have the wrong idea there, i dont have a spare ECU, but i will help to ship one out if you can find one in the UK. The inlaws live just outside of Rotterdam so i might be able to get one out to holland that way, but i am not sure when i will see them next!

I suggest you try the 205 GTi Drivers forum (http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?)

They will have a much more abundant source.

Alas the only car i knew of with a donor ECU was stolen and long gone.
mechuccio
3000 rpm

Post by mechuccio »

ah ok :D sorry m8 I was a bit too excited there!

I've tried the dutch 205 driversclub as well, actually I've posted this request on several forums.
Well, I'm keeping my hopes up, should I find any in the UK I'll let you know, thanks for the help offer!

By the way, is there maybe a different ECU suitable for an '88 D6C you know off?
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

In theory an ML4.1 ECU of the same era should be able to run the car (using the calibration mapping from the existing ECU which should be fine).

0261200140 is the alternative to the 119 after 1989 which should fit.

unfortunately the part numbers relate to application (ie the car they where fitted in) and not what type they where (such as MP3.1 or ML4.1).

Practically though you could look for one in an Alfa Romeo, BMW, Peugeot, Volvo or Porche. Infact i would be looking for an early 944 porche as they have quite a few components similar to the BX.