zx 16v!

Offer your parts and cars for sale here.
Timmo
Full Throttle

zx 16v!

Post by Timmo »

down my neck of the woods mind, but cheap motor!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/205-MI16-MI-16-EN ... 5210833163
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
bxmark
3000 rpm

Post by bxmark »

Way too good to get pugerised , wonder what the scrap price on top of the buy it now for the engine/box/loom etc would be ? Wouldn't bother doing the 405 conversion , I had one , nice car but not a patch on the valver, to take an engine out of a 16v Zx and put it in ANY pug is a backwards step in my book , if I had space and a more understanding wife I might have been tempted myself to save it , Mark
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

sheffield to Mid Cornwall, that'll be dedication for you! hahah!
fortunatley most the pug guys seem to be looking at the gti-6/Xsara vts lumps more now so atleast we have a little reprieve!!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

I still can't get my head around the fact how so many manage to mix up the 1.9's and the 2.0's and call them both Mi16's. The 1.9, fair enough. Could call it a BX 16v engine, but Mi16 sounds much cooler. But the 2.0? The most common car that went in was the 306 S16. The Xantia VSX also used it, along with the last 405 Mi's and the ZX 16v obviously.

As Timmo says, I doubt he'll get many sniffs as unless you're putting forced induction in, or NOS, the 2.0 lump isn't up to much and the Pug guys know it. The heads alright, same as the 1.9 really but the rest is a bit pants. And the vacuum powered throttle flaps restrict the power delivery. No disrespect to our ZX 16v man...I love them myself (I had one a few years back)! But the engine doesn't do it's chassis justice IMO. A Xsara VTS lump would make a real peach, unless you wanna get a Dakar and go LHD :lol:

Tell you what though....someone snap the bodykit up, if you can get it cheap. These will be like hen's teeth before long!
bxmark
3000 rpm

Post by bxmark »

Got the chance of a bodykit of a 16v Zx for £50 but it doesn't have the black inserts but still tempted , also a set of alloys for tge same with poor tyres and no centre caps for £40 and a rear 16v Zx spoiler for £20 , Mark
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

I was after some ZX 16v alloys a while back too :roll: :lol: