PLUG LEADS

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

I got some Magnecor KV85's a while back, but they were alot more. about £60 but they're really good quality.
Toddman
Administrator

turbo

Post by Toddman »

tim leech wrote:Geoff it says you have bx turbo diesel automatic on your signature, but Citorne didnt make one, is it a home made conversion?
Speak to dochevron it is a special BX 8)

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

this one may be a special, but Citroen did make TD autos - read a whole article on them when citroen where still thinking we might buy another new one! rare tho! worse still i say an add for a NA Diesel auto the other day, what joy that must be.. :roll:
Geoffrey Gould
Tick Over

TD auto.

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Hello Tim tis true. Started life as a N/A diesel. A rather long involved story, ask Docchevron, Chris will I am sure will give you the story with pleasure.From what a few people have said there must have been something rather wrong with mine.
Cheers.
Geoff.
1991 BX turbo diesel automatic.
1997 Xantia V6 automatic.
docchevron1472
4000 rpm

Post by docchevron1472 »

I'll make a long story as short as poss then!!
Dads BX was a n/a 19d. It was slow and the gearbox died.
We decided it would be cool to wham a TD lump in it.
So we built a 17td lump with 2.1 pump and injectors, got a second hand xantia autobox (the internals are stronger) and installed it. Had to modify a few hoses (the top hose is a modified bottom hose) etc.
It was a bas**rd to start from cold but once it was running it went like hell for 198 miles...... then the autobox blew up :(
So we threw the engine and box in the bin, bought another TD off a mate and ordered a new autobox from citroen. We had the torque converter and flexi-plate within a week but had to wait 3months :shock: for the box! ZF had stopped making them so they went away and made one hence the delay! It was a fair wedge of bank of england gift vouchers but I didn't want to do the job again anytime soon!! :D

It's turned into a real nice car to drive. It doesn't have the grunt my tuned TD has but since it's coupled to an autobox I'm not keen to up the power and trash another box. :twisted:

Cheers
Chris G
1990 BX 16v Phase 2
1989 BX TD hybrid
1971 BL 350FG Ambulance (unique)
1993 Dennis Lance 132
That's when I reach for my Revolver
Geoffrey Gould
Tick Over

Autobox

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Hi as a add on the reason the first (Xantia) box went was that it was a second hand job and the people had steam cleaned it and filled it with water, when it was stripped after it went it was full of corrosion and muck. This was just so that people wouldnt think that the box was weak and be put off doing the same.
It does make a better car, gearing is more suitable I think.
Cheers.
Geoff.
1991 BX turbo diesel automatic.
1997 Xantia V6 automatic.