205 Mi32 Project - The Twin Mi16 Engined 205

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
cybernck
Tick Over

Post by cybernck »

sorry, i've been very busy lately, i'll try to make an update soon!

thanks.
cybernck
Tick Over

Post by cybernck »

wow, time really flies!

i'm severely overdue with the update, simply as i'm very busy... but i'm still here :).
cybernck
Tick Over

Post by cybernck »

sorry for the looong delay in the story updates, i got a bit too busy at the end of last year,
then early this year we found out that my father has to have a heart bypass surgery done
which definately meant no racing and no real enthusiasm to work on the car and to top it off,
402streetrace series 2008 season has been buggered up from start till the end anyway.

my father had the surgery done last week, he's back home now and recovery goes well,
so we can start thinking about more work on the car, but nothing radical will get done for
the next few months for sure.

as a plus point, 205 Mi32 is featured as a Reader's Project in October's issue of Brittish
Practical Performance Car magazine http://www.ppcmag.co.uk and should be featured
in a few more magazines soon which will definately give us an initiative to carry on with
the project!

in the meantime, i've still got a couple of drag race reports to do, which i'll try to do soon.

thanks for the support and see you again soon :).
cybernck
Tick Over

Post by cybernck »

It was about time I updated this topic, I'm sure you'll agree! :)

There hasn't been a lot of work done on the car after my father's surgery (he's fully recovered now!),
as we've stopped racing, had more imporant things to take care of and I've gone back into cycling,
which takes up a lot of my time!

However, here's a quick update of some body work - making the rear end of the car nicer and ready
for the 205GTIDrivers.com EuroTrip that happened back in May (full report to follow):

You can find a few photos HERE.

See you again in this topic soon :).

Thanks.
cybernck
Tick Over

Post by cybernck »

P.S. Sorry, I forgot to mention that the car has also been featured in PSOOC's
(Peugeot Sport Official Owners Club UK) magazine "Torque", a few months ago.

Thanks.
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Thanks again for the updates.

This is a truely amazing project, i love reading about it, and it mkaes me miss my BX a lot more.
cybernck
Tick Over

Post by cybernck »

Hello again everybody!

At long last, I've uploaded photos of the remaining two 2007 race events:

402 Street Race - Rijeka (CRO) - 26/Aug/2007

402 Street Race - Banja Luka (BIH) - 08-09/Sep/2007

Another update coming soon! :)

Thanks.
cybernck
Tick Over

Post by cybernck »

Hello again - here's a prompt update, as promised :).

I've been meaning to create a proper 205 Mi32 website, but whereas I'm still going to make
a "gateway" page for 205Mi32.com, I decided to set up a Facebook fan page, for ease of
maintenance/updating and a more direct contact with people that support the project.

I'm still going to post updates on forums, but I will be delighted to see you become a fan
of 205 Mi32 Project, as I'm currently gathering inspiration to carry on with it. The page
(that won't see updates too often, as you already know :)), can be found here:

205 Mi32 Project Facebook Fan Page

Thanks!
cybernck
Tick Over

Post by cybernck »

Hello everybody! It's time to FINALLY update this topic! Not a great deal of work has been done,
but still there's a thing or two that needs to be shown to the world, starting with the mentioned
2009 205GTIDrivers.com Eurotrip.

It was a 10-day round-trip for 205GTIDrivers.com members from the UK, Holland and Poland,
meeting with people from Austria, Italy, Belgium, Germany, Slovenia and Croatia along the way.
The farthest point of the Eurotrip was in Croatia, on 4th and 5th of May (Pula and Rijeka region),
where I was present with the 205 Mi32.

The feeling of getting recognised, acknowledged and approached nearly everywhere I stopped,
getting loads of thumbs up and flashes on the road, taking people out for passenger rides and
especially finally meeting, chatting and "putting faces to names" of people I've "known" for many
years was, simply put, fabulous! The selection of 205s I had seen was also something to be admired.

Here are a few thumbnail teasers:

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

And a photo that means a lot to me - 205 Mi32, surrounded by 205GTIDrivers.com members from
several countries. A truly special moment for me! Thanks everybody, you've made it all worthwhile!

Photo gallery: http://projects.205gtidrivers.com/205mi32-eurotrip09
cybernck
Tick Over

Post by cybernck »

Like I said, there hasn't been a great deal of work done on the car over the past couple of years,
but here's a tasty little 2010 update :).

It was time to sort out the suspension on the 205 Mi32, which meant finally fitting GAZ GHA coilovers
with 300 lbs springs and eccentric top mounts, purchased via group buy on 205GTIDrivers.com,
replacing FK coilovers (front) and Koni Sport Adjustables (rear).

I'll let the photos do the talking - http://projects.205gtidrivers.com/205mi32-ph7?page=8

See you soon with a 2011 update! :)
cybernck
Tick Over

Post by cybernck »

OK, we're in 2011 now. Wishbones needed replacing due to play in ball joints. However, we opted
to replace the ball joints, instead of complete wishbones.

Usually referred to as impossible to do but there you go. Sadly, I don't have photos of completed
wishbones, but they look just like ordinary wishbones :).

Also, new wheels from the UK! Compomotive MO 7x17" ET15. One of my favourite wheels ever.

They look great on the car and the car looks great with them on :).

We also tidied up the rear end with Phase 2 lights conversion and GTI 1.9 rear quarter panel badges.

Ready for a trip to Rijeka (CRO), to meet up with 205 enthusiasts from french-classics.de!

Photos - http://projects.205gtidrivers.com/205mi32-ph7?page=9

Next update will bring up photos from the trip!
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

I've been following on Facebook.

Those rims must have cost a few bob to ship from the UK, but they don't half suite the car!
cybernck
Tick Over

Post by cybernck »

Well, not exactly. I got them transported to Croatia during Eurotip and picked
them up from there. I had to wait nearly 2 years for the opportunity, but it
was worth the wait (in every way) :).
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

MO's are one of my all time favourite wheels on any car, but then i am biased :lol:
cybernck
Tick Over

Post by cybernck »

Hello everybody!

Here are a couple of photos of my father and me on 2011 A-SLO-HR Trip by french-classics.de

Image Image

Yes, I now realise I look a lot like him but the color coordination was coincidental :).

Anyway, it was a brilliant two-day trip, covering some amazing roads. We attended the second day
(4th of September, 2011). It was great to meet a bunch of friendly 205 enthusiasts with superb
examples of 205's - each car was different and pretty unique.

Here are a few thumbnail teasers:

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Photo gallery: http://projects.205gtidrivers.com/205mi32-aslohrtrip11