Who's on the road (or could be), who is Not?

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Vanny wrote:So that's two pink valvers going to the ICCCR then!

I'm also waiting for the end of the month to get tax, but i wonder if it will go up April 1st as it seems to do every year.

I'm half thinking of going to French Car Show in June.

I've heard Luke should have one car on the road this year too!
Providing you currently have a SORN in force you can tax it now ready to start April, This can be done anytime after the 15th of the proceeding month. Least that way you can avoid any possible increase that usually comes in in April.

But, just because you've got the disc don't be tempted to drive until the 1st or you'll find your pants round your ankles. :roll:
Now listen here you mullet...
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Really? Because the direct.gov website says if its a new disc from SORN you can only tax it TWO days before the end of the month for it to start the following month :(

EDIT

Just gone through the steps to do it online, and it will ONLY let me start the tax from 01/03/2012. Booo

Your not getting confused with the MOT are you Jay? That can certainly be done 2 weeks before its due.
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Not confusing with the MOT.

Either it's different at the Post Office or they've changed it recently as i did it last year with the Daishitszu... :?

I know you can still tax (when already taxed) from the 15th, not that that's any help to you!
Now listen here you mullet...
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

You can still tax when you've got existing tax but if it's SORN they make you wait, as you could just drive round with 14days free!

But yeah, two pink valvers!
Dave
3000 rpm

Post by Dave »

Vanny wrote:ME ME ME ME ME I'm back on the road!

Failed its first attempt at MOT based on headlight alignment (well if you replace the front of the car, that seems acceptable), but passed a half hour later!

Insurance is only £186 for the year too, classic limited, but i doubt i'll do much more than the shows this year.

Very very happy!
Hi Vanny, just noticed this :oops: , that is great news. Mine had a trip to the end of the drive and back recently. :lol: However, as far as I am aware the car "could be on the road".
Prefer it to the Lamborghini, like Signor Gandini!
frog
3000 rpm

Post by frog »

Off the road as of yesterday.

I spilt an entire large icedcoffee on the centre console (gear stick and that pocket under the radio) and drivers seat.

So seats are out, centre console is out. Hoping I don't have to take the carpet out, it doesn't look like it made it in there but I'll have to see.
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

New thread, or dig up the old one? Stuff it, dig up the old one!

Received a new MOT today! So thats me on the road for another year. I have racked up a whopping 2120miles since the last MOT. But then i was out the country for more of the last 12 months than i was in it so i'm not too sad.

Should be a good year for the valver this year, with driving holidays to Scotland and the Lakes planned.

I'm so much more confident in the car now it has all silicone hoses, and a recent rolling road showed it still has most of its horses!
Dave
3000 rpm

Post by Dave »

Hi Vanny,

You have done about 1989 more miles than me then :oops:

Great news you are all up and running though.

Enjoy :!:
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

BAH is MOT'd again, but won't be hitting the streets until April 1st (can't be dealing with tax this month :lol: )
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

after chatting with my pops tonght it seems that mine may be making a return home!! he got a bit 4rsey when i suggsted my car had t go but borothers boat (longer than the car and a lot less manouverable) that had been there for over 10 years was fine to stay still! :D :D :shock: so looks like i may actually pul the preverbial finger out and start on the ol girl properly!! Or ofcourse, pokeit in the corner of the drive and pop a cover over it! ;-)

is good to hear that two of the stalwarts of the club have theirs on the road still!! Well done guys!!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
frog
3000 rpm

Post by frog »

My engine is pretty much ready to go in, hopefully will happen in the next month or two.

I'd like to see yours back on the road Timmo, black ph2 power!
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Well the phase 1 valver is back roaming the Mendip Hills as of the 1st of this month. It's been to Cheddar tip and a run into Weston-super-Mare to date!

Not sure when the MOT is due but doubt it's done more than a few hundred miles in the last 12 months.

The Avenue Drivers Club meets in the centre of Bristol on the 2nd Sunday of every month so think my folks will make the trip this Sunday to show the old girl off :)
Dave
3000 rpm

Post by Dave »

That's good to hear Adrian, nice to get out and about in it I bet. :mrgreen: I am having a bit of a clearout and when done I think I may get some nice cheap classic insurance and an MOT. Just the road tax that seems a bit unreasonable.
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

6 months doesn't work out too bad, plus if the summer is rubbish can always cash it in a month or 2 early :lol:
Jayridium
Tick Over

Post by Jayridium »

FWIW - Mine is kind of in almost daily use....

I work offshore so am away on oil rigs for weeks at a time during which time my wife mainly drives the Jaguar XJR. So for weeks at a time mine goes pretty much untouched, but when I'm home I occasionally taking a mad notion to drive the jaguar or the Hummer powered range rover off road racer, or any of my other four wheeled toys but I do most of my miles in the BX.

Its strange, even though I have other cars that either have more power and or handle better, the BX never fails to put a smile on my face.

I had thought about sorning it over the winter, but instead have decided to waxoil it and properly prepare it for the winter by puttin a set of winter tyres on its spare wheels, putting its summer tyres on kitchs old speedlines and fitting 2 bi xenon hid kits into the morettes on it and enjoy it all year long.