How many active members?

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
fnep
Tick Over

How many active members?

Post by fnep »

Its sad to see how little activity we have on this forum.

I had exspected a bit more user to be online but it seems like we have allmost none.

To get an impression on how many of us active are left could you post a reply to this topic so that we can see how many of us are left :-)
The bx way of life
SimonA
Tick Over

Post by SimonA »

I'm here, no BX it got killed :(

I'm on the look out for another one and playing a waiting game on one currently, it's that or a fiat coupe 20v turbo maybe ... or it could be another show cat
... and there are unknown unknowns
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

There are only 287 members on this board, which for a world wide forum is very low but is reflective of the number of 16V's left.

Most of us use our cars as second or weekend cars.

A small minority of us have known each other for a very long time and have gone from 20 year olds using their 16V's every day to 30 or 40 years olds with mortgages and kids :lol:

This is the case with me and with a 16V being worth so little in relative terms, can keep the cars and use them when I feel like it.

Mike P
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

Of course the other reason it's so dead is that BXC is pretty busy. Unless you're a badge snob of sorts, a 16v is not worth singling out over any other BX in particular - they're all pretty rare nowadays. In fact the 16v certainly isn't the most valuable model of BX these days, that's the mk1.

I personally slowed right down on my usage of this site when I was shown in through the back door one day and led to a thread full of moderators who were suggesting I be banned from it after I'd said something or other, and that I "wouldn't be missed much." Luke's a top bloke, but I made decisions about some of the other admin right there and then! If I can recall correctly, the only guy who had mu back (other than the one who'd shown me this) was Timmo.

That all said, the original 16v forum existed way before BXC, and if it wasn't for that forum I wouldn't have one. But the fact is BXC has massively outgrown BX16v. It's faster paced, more active and less concentrated on a specific member group.

Seems a bit a daft having this and BXC separate though. If they joined forces the numbers would automatically climb.

That's not to knock what Luke has built here in any way, but his time in front of the screen isn't as much as he'd probably like and hooking up with BXC would allow the community to grow while taking some of the weight off his shoulders. I would suggest he automatically be part of the admin team from the off, however.

Just an idea.
fnep
Tick Over

Post by fnep »

The 16valve is indeed a dying breed.

In Denmark i think we have less than 50 16valves left.

Mine has just come back to life and is now on the road again.

One of my friends who lives less than 30 minutes from me also have one.
The bx way of life
Gary C
4000 rpm

Post by Gary C »

My activity has been erratic over the years.

Bertie has been raced on and off since 1993 and for a number of those years I have either taken time out to build up my business etc or raced other cars. Currently he is being put to good use in the Quaife Modified Saloon Championship and the Cannon Tin Top Saloon Championship hence the return to the forum to spread the word of his mighty exploits.

The forum is certainly very quiet at times but as there are people who wish to make use of a site dedicated to the 16v long may it live.
bxmark
3000 rpm

Post by bxmark »

I've not got a Bx16v at the minute but a Zx16v , I've had four in the past and one day maybe another .

Mark
RobC
3000 rpm

Post by RobC »

Still here! The BX gets used regularly.
Vts180

luke

Post by Vts180 »

Some of you might be aware Luke has been very poorly for the last 18 months or so.
He had a transplant 6 wks ago, its safe to say things didn't go that well.
But things are looking up, he is on the mend and i think he is keen to have his car on the road next year!
I'm sure you will be hearing/seeing more of him soon :D
jayboy
Tick Over

Post by jayboy »

Still here, but the valvers don't get much of a look in these days, the Phase 1 has been on axle stands for a year or so now. I concentrate more on the diesels cos of the price of fuel but here not as much fun!
fnep
Tick Over

Post by fnep »

Nice to hear that some is still left :-)

I just finished mine last week after an extensive body repair.

Here is some shots of it :-D

The black Mercedes belongs to my boss who also have a Ferrari 360 Spider

Sadly i have to admit that my 16valver serves as a wintercar this year as I have to start the project on my beemer.

The beemer needs new suspension and waterpump and it has some electical gremlins I need to sort out and I needed a car and really missed the 16valver

Heres a few shots of the beemer for curious ones :-S

The bx way of life
bxmark
3000 rpm

Post by bxmark »

That's a nice looking 16v, the beemer looks 8).

Mark
fnep
Tick Over

Post by fnep »

I just love those cars
The bx way of life
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

ooooh that almost makes me want to dig out the vid of lukes car against v12 7 series boys at a RWYB days!!

nice looking mind!!
i am still about butthe bx isnt used at all, and is in a very sad state! i keep threatening to get it home but havent yet, but, it still makes me smile Every time i pull up behind it on pops drive!!

still rocking Balls mind!! just in a Xantia Estate these days! :D
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
fnep
Tick Over

Post by fnep »

The v12 isnt that fast because ist a lazy engine that doesnt like high rpm.

The v8 is almost as fast as the v12 because it revs higher.

Its still a big car though but it beats a stock 16valver any day which is pretty amazing for at car that weighs the same as 2 16valves and the bx is a pretty fast car.

But im not sure for how long the 740 is my fastest car :-P

M5 50mm ITB's on the XU engine :-D

The bx way of life