Crawley

Have you spotted a BX 16valve on your travels or on TV or in the press? Post details here.
Gary C
4000 rpm

Crawley

Post by Gary C »

J plate on Manor Royal. May have been J711 ???
m.walton

16 valve spotting.

Post by m.walton »

Sorry for such a late reply,I'm very busy and crap with computers. You were right of course,J711 BNW. My 1991 silver 16 valve,bought from a Citroen main dealer in Bradford early on in 1992. I drove the car for 10 years,before breaking the front subframe. Car went up on axle stands in the garage,but unfortunatly marriage got in the way of any repair. Been back on the road this last year as my daily drive. Another 11000 miles. Going to sorn her again soon ,over winter as could do with a few (minor) things sorting. Wheel bearing,brake calipers,strut return pipes,headlight. Need to get radio sorted too. If you're in the area get in contact and lets have a natter down the pub.
bx 16 valve 1991
marcos mantara spyder 1996
saab 9000 aero 1996
Kitch
5000 rpm

Re: 16 valve spotting.

Post by Kitch »

m.walton wrote:Sorry for such a late reply,I'm very busy and crap with computers. You were right of course,J711 BNW. My 1991 silver 16 valve,bought from a Citroen main dealer in Bradford early on in 1992. I drove the car for 10 years,before breaking the front subframe. Car went up on axle stands in the garage,but unfortunatly marriage got in the way of any repair. Been back on the road this last year as my daily drive. Another 11000 miles. Going to sorn her again soon ,over winter as could do with a few (minor) things sorting. Wheel bearing,brake calipers,strut return pipes,headlight. Need to get radio sorted too. If you're in the area get in contact and lets have a natter down the pub.
You're probably the guy I was speaking to when we were packing up the other night at the NEC? I had the red 16v.
m.walton

16 valve spotting.

Post by m.walton »

Yes the one at the NEC. Get in touch about the wheels if you would please. Now looking for a nearside headlight too ! Good talking to another owner. Haven't done that since my next door neighbour sold his grey one circa 1998. Wish he'd sold me his exhaust. Hand made stainless job by Tube Torque,the same bloke who made exhausts for Maikonics. Bloody good exhausts he used to make. Made one for an XJ 6 racer I built the engine for. Helped it to
win about 5 championships.
bx 16 valve 1991
saab 9000 aero 1996
Gary C
4000 rpm

Post by Gary C »

If you fancy a pint in the Six Bells in Horley let me know. Have headlights if you are in need.
m.walton

Pub in Horley

Post by m.walton »

More desperately in need of a drink than a headlight. Will be in Spain until early December now(fly in the morning),but will message you when I return. A drink and a chat would be good.
bx 16 valve 1991
saab 9000 aero 1996
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Another one local :) my car lives in the West Country so rarely spotted round our way, at least at the moment. May change if I can find suitable storage near Horley that isn't on court lodge! Friend had a garage there that was regularly ransacked :/

Gary has my number so if you arrange to meet will try and join you :)

Adrian