What do you want to see ?

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Toddman
Administrator

What do you want to see ?

Post by Toddman »

I am not making any promises but what would you all like to see me add to th emain site?

If you have any brochures or liturature that will fit wit what I have already upload please feel free to share.

Thanks
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

What format is best to use for sending you brochures, PDF?

Mike P
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
phil.slater1
Tick Over

Post by phil.slater1 »

Hi, I have a Citroen BX - 84 page Technical description. I was published by Citroen France . It covers only the BX16 and 1.4.
Within is a detailed cutaway of each hydraulic unit in colour with description of how each works. (No power steering).
It is a worthy source of data for suspension tuning, overall layout and understanding of the car.
I think it should be downloadable by all. Not sure about the copyright.
How do I get it to you. It is not that large and can be emailed. I colour scanned each page. PhilS
PS
Toddman
Administrator

brochures

Post by Toddman »

Hi Mike, yes PDF is ideal as I can just upload the doc without creating it.
You will probably hav enoticed I labelled the pages of th ebrochures Front 1,2,3,4,5,etc and Back.

Phil that sounds a great piece of literature to have available to our members, again PDF is good but just a file containing the pictures will be okay as I can put it together as a PDF

Copyright is not a problem as if I remember correctly we spoke to Citroen about this.

Many thanks
Luke
Vanny
Web Support

Re: What do you want to see ?

Post by Vanny »

I know it's been a bit of a while since Luke first asked, but now we have the new forum software installed, we have a lot more options for adding to the site.

So i'll ask again

What would you like to see from the site?

My current plans are;

1) Continue adding relevant links to sites we use
2) Rebuild the website front end to include all the things Luke has added over the years into the Portal style
3) Possibly bring back the 'Garage'

Feel free to think out loud, even if you don't know if it can be done.

Oh and it's always handy to leave a link if you've seen something elsewhere that you like the look of
Dave
3000 rpm

Post by Dave »

Would an alternative parts section be helpful? With valvers getting on a bit parts get harder to find. For example, I think Xantia abs sensors can fit with a mod. That is just an example, I have not tried it. Or what other HP pumps can work on our cars? I know the info is somewhere but something in one place would be good.
Prefer it to the Lamborghini, like Signor Gandini!
Toddman
Administrator

Post by Toddman »

Since my return to active duty I have been chating with Vanny and I have set about sorting the old maon site, while I was out of action my hosts shut down and transferred my account to a new company that do not support the software I usd to build the site hence partly why it is dead in the water right now with tons of broken links.

I hired a professional so work is progressing nicely on the main site, hope it won't be to long before it is in the final stretch.

I thini the Garage function here is great because it allows personal editing of your cars details and images such a feature on the mainn site would be poor in comparison I think.

I like the idea of a compatabl eparts list I am sure there are a lot of parts that we have used but forgotten ot make anote about.
That kind of section could work well here or even on the mian site.

Yes the Xantia ABS sensors do work, Julek cam eover from France and showed me his rear sensors that a garage had changed for him, they just cut off the connectors and soldered the new sensors into the system.
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Toddman wrote:I think the Garage function here is great because it allows personal editing of your cars details and images such a feature on the main site would be poor in comparison I think.
The garage function hasn't existed for over a year now, unfortunately it is not compatible with the forum software and previous attempts to update it have failed.
Toddman
Administrator

Post by Toddman »

It is a shame as it is definitely a good way for members to showcase their cars, maybe one day it will be upgrade to match the forum