Phase 2 BX16V Black - Barn Find

Offer your parts and cars for sale here.
MagiK
Tick Over

Re: Phase 2 BX16V Black - Barn Find

Post by MagiK »

Details sent to the excited Davehill and 24 hours later...nothing...raft of nutters contacting me through Gumtree though...what is it with these car's...do they have an inbuilt nutcase magnet. I'm now of the opinion that the best service I could do to society is to break it.
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

Gumtree does have that effect :) "hi m8 wots ur best price plz thxxxxxx" etc.

I already have two. But I might be interested in another :) Can you send me some high res pics?

If you do decide to do society a favour, then I would certainly be interested in many parts. I thought that Mi16s in 205s was a bit old hat now? Trouble is that proper 205 GTis are so bloody valuable/expensive now. Did you see that an original one recently made £30k at auction? Sub 8k miles and one owner, but still...
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

The 309gti made 30k, the 205 hit 35k! :-O
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
RobC
3000 rpm

Post by RobC »

We all know how rare these cars are, so notwithstanding the timewasters who contact you, I would say the 'best thing for society' would be for it to remain intact rather than be broken.

You're pricing it at £1000 currently, without an MoT. I would advise that you would certainly get £1000 and probably more if you put an MoT on it. Without an MoT I think a more realistic asking price may be £850 (which is still good, considering the peanuts that they used to go for!) At the very least take it for a test so you get a fail sheet and can be clearer about what needs doing to it.

I have placed a link to your gumtree ad on the bxclub site and also the facebook group. I hope you get some more interest and don't give up yet. I can only apologise for timewasters on their silly behalf.
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

Sold for £1500 apparently! :shock:
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."
MagiK
Tick Over

Post by MagiK »

Well when you have the only one for sale and you invite offers over £1000 what's another £500. One of you procrastinators should've put your money where your mouths are when you had the chance instead of whinging. That wasn't even the highest offer I had...but it was the best offer as it's going to a genuine enthusiast who won't mind investing the time and money in a vehicle that will be worth £3000 plus when he's done.
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

I didn't see anyone whinging. Frankly if a 16v with no MOT is worth £1500 then I'm stoked, it means I've got £3k sitting there before I've even started restoring either of them :)
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
MagiK
Tick Over

Post by MagiK »

And you could've had another for cheap if you weren't more interested in trapping off
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
MagiK
Tick Over

Post by MagiK »

How right you are...I was just a guy selling a car until I started getting bothered by nutters and bullshitters who allegedly have 2 or 3 of this car but no clue of the rarity or worth of the vehicle. Forum nuts are all the same and these dickheads on here are no different so I will cease feeding them.
MagiK
Tick Over

Post by MagiK »

...and ps if you have 2 BX 16vs in your garage and aren't just some sad dreamer of a keyboard warrior...yes you do potentially have £3000 before you even touch them...end of story. I have just bought a 205 Gentry without mot...you will find it hard to believe but I gladly gave £1100 without mot and would've paid £2000 but what do I know...I have only bought and sold 300ish cars
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

f**k a duck! Are you alright?! :lol:

Went back through the thread, and only see one case of someone wasting your time. You get people wasting your time when trying to sell old cars, it's par for the course no matter the make or model.

Whoever's bought it is certainly committed, or completely uninformed. Looking at the last MoT, the arse is totally rotten. Not uncommon, and they're rare - if you want one and don't want to pay £3k, you've got to be prepared to get your hands dirty. That's a much higher price than I've ever seen for a for project before, and as Optix said, it only bodes well for the handful of owners of running cars in the UK.

I'd take the £1500 and buy some lessons in people skills, personally. Sounds like you need them.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

I think there is a bit of a case of not just flown of the handle here but Ripped the bugger off! (the handle that is)
MagiK, you can't really expect a quiet forum for a car that is an acquired taste with very little nimbers left to be a thriving community, 10 years ago it certainly was, I'm not sure exactly what has got you so wound up, no one has questioned you morals for selling,. Nor your price, however, your statement of 'do society a favour and break it' after you posted it on gumtree was a little flippant I feel,
We may not be selling hundreds of cars like you, but what we are is a dedicated bunch of enthusiast owners, most have atleast one of these cars already, so really we are not likely to be the type that front up the cash for another project, time, space and patience is in short dupply for a lot of us,

The gentry sounds interesting though, almost getting as rare as the radio1 models!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Where the hell does this reprobate get that there's only 26 valvers left?

Thank god he's not keeping it, last thing that's needed is another raging moron.

Don't feed the troll indeed!

Ps. Rarity doesn't mean somethings valuable. After all, there's only one of you - and you're a worthless mong. (Imho)
Now listen here you mullet...
MagiK
Tick Over

Post by MagiK »

Well said Jay.

Only 26 left in UK and I was the only person selling one...do your research like I did. Something is worth what someone is prepared to pay. Car is fine considering the last mot was 6 years ago...I invited offers and I got offers...and like I already said that wasn't even the highest. If I was in it for pure greed I would have took the highest. Who's the mong??? You pricks could have had it for 8s. Jealous much???