The 16v and the Whiplash Effect.

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Dave
3000 rpm

The 16v and the Whiplash Effect.

Post by Dave »

Hi All,

Just thought I would start a little thread here about how the model attracts attention and comments from members of the public.

Like many I don't really get time to take the valver out often due to other commitments but it has had a couple outings recently. What I have seen is quite remarkable. On each trip I have seen people spot the car as it passes by and turn to take a second look. I have seen a chap sat outside a pub point it out to his companion and when it is parked up passers by stop or turn their neck to keep looking at it. You could say it gets more looks than a supercar.
Only last week I was buying petrol and leaving the till I noticed a lad looking round it. He said to me, "That's class!". He mentioned he had owned a Volcane in the past. That is just one comment, there are many more instances..

I think there is a mixture of interested parties, previous BX owners, car enthusiasts, those too young to even know of the BX and general passers by who just think "what is that?".

However, I think we can say the 16v now has the status of creating the Whiplash effect. :!:
Prefer it to the Lamborghini, like Signor Gandini!
RobC
3000 rpm

Re: The 16v and the Whiplash Effect.

Post by RobC »

I agree - I’ve owned a 16v since 2002 but it’s only been in the last few years that I’ve really noticed just how much attention it gets. Just like you, every single time I take it out, even if it’s just to the shops, people turn and look.
And every motorway journey I can guarantee at least one person will wave as they (or I) pass, gesticulating that they very much approve of my car.

Almost makes all the LHM leaks worthwhile...! :lol: