Tracking down dad's old BX

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
probablyrichard

Tracking down dad's old BX

Post by probablyrichard »

Hi all. My dad and I both have very fond memories of his 16v. He reckons it was the best car he's ever had, and as a young lad in the formative years of a lifelong love of cars, it made a huge impact on me too.

I'd love to be able to surprise him with the tale of what happened to it after his ownership. I'd love it still more if it were still on the road; the gov website doesn't have the MoT status.

The registration was J188 TKV. Does it ring a bell with anyone? I think I've got at least one photo I could share with the current owner, should it have one.

Thanks!
Dave
3000 rpm

Re: Tracking down dad's old BX

Post by Dave »

Hi Richard,

There is a BX register run by Kitch (Rich). I don't know if he will be able to provide any more info but it's worth a try. If you have more details yourself, it could help.

There is a link on this site.

viewtopic.php?p=22418&hilit=Register#p22418

Also further details on the BXclub which gets visited a little more due to not being 16v specific.

https://bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ch#p267622

If you find anything out, update the thread.

Good luck :D
Prefer it to the Lamborghini, like Signor Gandini!
probablyrichard

Post by probablyrichard »

Amazing. Thanks so much. I'll follow those up and report back here should there be anything interesting to tell!

Thanks again for replying so quickly.
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

J188 TKV hasn't been seen for a very long time, and isn't in the BX16v register (which is fed into the broader UK Bx Register)

Looking on DVLA check, the last log book was issued in 1997, and although the car is showing as SORN, I'd suspect it predates digital records and is actually no longer with us. Equally, there is no digital MOT record, so it hasn't had an MOT since before 2005. The chances of it having been sat quietly in a garage for 18 years are slim, but not impossible.