Dont you love the inabilities of others to drive!!!!

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Dont you love the inabilities of others to drive!!!!

Post by Timmo »

loaded the littlun up in the baby sling to pop uyp the sorner shop for some milk and on walking out i thought 'oh look there's someones mirror glass'! then i lookesd and saw the wifes mirror!
was anythign but impressed! so came in told the wife and grabbed the camera!! she wasnt so pleased either! the impact on the mirror was so hard that one peice of it actually landed in our garden 15ft away from the car! :shock: Image

but on picking up the peices i did notice a part that wasnt fromt he wifes car but had been neat;y nestled under mine byt the pavement!

on some internete searching revealed that the mirror cover is from a Citroen Picasso! and on inspection fromt he label inside it was made this year!
unfortunately though the guy at our dealers wasnt able to trace the exact car through the details ont he mirror but was able to confirm that it was a picasso and also has put a note up saying that if anyone comes in asking for a mirror cover in the specific darky grey heathery colour they are welcome to their own one back from me for the replacement cost of a mirror for the wife's car!!

they must have damaged the mirror on their car as the casing on sha's car is 5mm+ thick! well here's hoping anyways!! :lol:

I shall be on high alert for one the same colour in the area though! if i find it i might just smash the other mirror of there car! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 8) :D :wink:

fortunately i do have most of the mirror bits so i can remake the cover if needs be! :)

what does it take for people to stop and say really sorry but i have mashed your mirro! or infact LEARN TO F~~KING DRIVE!!!! :D :roll: :wink:
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

:cry: :shock: Tell me about it
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hi timmo
sorry to hear about that. but i see you have your inspector gadget hat on so im sure you'll track down the picasso bandit.

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
Toddman
Administrator

hit and run

Post by Toddman »

Terrible mate just terribkle.
Sadly from recent threads it seems an all too common occurence :(

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Bad luck mate, happened to me about 4 months ago. I was merrily minding my own business, on my way to my parents and some tw*t in a pimped up Corsa cut a blind bend and took my drivers mirror clean off - I was forced to handbrake 180 and pursue the chimp. Luckily I was in the primera or he would have really suffered :twisted:

P.S. good luck catching up with the ar**hole.
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

I have one no fault claim on my insurance record. Ford Focus driver, on the wrong side of the road, with main beam and fogs on (at about 6pm in November and it wanst very dark), barreled past and ripped his wing mirror clean off, and exploded the glass on the floor too!

He felt he'd been hard done by though. Can't really remember how he got my insurance details though as i certainly didn't give them to the soft tit!

Unfortunatley Mr Plod wont give a flying monkies, so if you do find them, take a window!
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

am liking your thinking vanny! made the wife chuckle when i told her too hehehe!
going to whip the rest of the mirror cover off tomorow and rebuild it as best as for the mo! then i shall be out ion the hunt for the picasso! :D
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

well after the wife said how much she missed her mirror last night when she went out i decided to 'repair' it with some good old fasjhioned superglue and sticky tape!! (well glass repair tape for the greenhouse loL!)
so now she has a rather beeten looking mirrir but its on and works heheh!
had to get a new mirror glass htough as the one that was there was in a million bits!
not a bad effort for 5 mins work!! heheh! but one of the guys on the bravo forum has offered a pair of red mirrors so have got the wife onto that and will sort out some paint to do them properly when they arrive! but for the mean time she has a mirror back!!
Oh and i am going to ebay the part from the picasso mirror too! sod them loL! if they cant be honest enough to knock on the door i shall sell there mirror cover! :D
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

hey timmo,
good show,!! :twisted: maybe you will catch him if he spots it and bids for it!! that would be proppa cooool!! 8)
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

docchevron1472
4000 rpm

Post by docchevron1472 »

Nice work Timmo, Looks good as new (ish!)

Love the E-bay idea! I should start doing that!!

Cheers
Chris G
1990 BX 16v Phase 2
1989 BX TD hybrid
1971 BL 350FG Ambulance (unique)
1993 Dennis Lance 132
That's when I reach for my Revolver
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Good work there Tim,

Can see why you fold the mirrors in on the Bx in the 1st picture.

Mike P.
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

haha! yeah i have lost a few mirrors on that road! have even had mine hit when folded in!! the sad thing id the road is wide enough for 3 cars!! its just a lot of poeple buy these people carriers and have no idea how wide they are until they hit something!
was 18 months ago that someone in a chrysler people carrier wnet down the side of sha's car and drove off! had all the details through 2 witnesses but when the police got her she insisted that she wasnt in the area at the time! so nothing could be done!
really must save up and get half the front of the house dug out for some nice offroad parking! 8)
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Timmo wrote:haha! yeah i have lost a few mirrors on that road! have even had mine hit when folded in!! the sad thing id the road is wide enough for 3 cars!!
hey man,
you need to get to the auctions buy a mini metro for a tenner :D park it fully on the road like normal then park your cars behind it in the direction the traffic goes but half on the pavement then you can watch all the bastar*s drive there 26,000 quid voyagers up the side of your metro. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

rossco

Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

good idea but then they simply smash into it and drive off!
this was my neighbour but ones rover that was parked outside his house as always one night!
bloke hit it (quite hard!!!!) and drove off loL! did get found and punished but thats by the by!
unfortunately though parking on the pavement is illegal and i would be the one to get prosecuted for doing it loL!
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!