So how much is a 16v worth?

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Gary C
4000 rpm

Post by Gary C »

djoptix wrote:How much? :lol:
The guy would like £400.
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

Ive worked in the motortrade for 13 years off and on, and its really down to how much anyones prepared to pay, some of the VeeDubs we sell fetch way over what glasses guide porpose purely down to there desirability and mileage etc.

The 16v is now becoming increasingly rare and sought after, when you think about it £1000 isnt alot of money these days for any car.
Toddman
Administrator

value

Post by Toddman »

Too true Tim - they are worth what people will pay.
I think the pedigree of these cars is becoming more well known now and when people drive them they realise what they have been missing 8)

I think the pug boys have done us a favour in the short term by buyinmg up so many of these cars, just a shame they are not too fussy about breaking good ones :(

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

I couldnt agree more, the less 16vs there are then the more the decent ones left will fetch, which is not what any of us want but it will help to esure that the ones left are bought by enthusiasts.

As you guys know my other passion is my V8 Sd1, they went a similar way, they wer cannabilised for there engines back in the 80s when they were worth peanuts, and being a BL product they fell to bits! :D

The upisde now is decent ones (especially series ones) are fecthing good money due to there rarity. How many phase 1 16vs do you see these days! A similar pattern is emerging
AlanS
3000 rpm

Post by AlanS »

This is an example of what I was talking about earlier.
In 3 weeks, the price has gone into freefall to the tune of 20%

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40844

There's not a real lot of these around and even fewer buyers. It obviously owes him more than he's asking, but it could take months to find a buyer for it at anything more than market value for a reasonably original example.
My bet is that within a month, his price will be down to 50% of original asking price and throwing out those distress signals, even then someone will make him an offer.
Selling these days is a bit of a game of patience and anyone with no patience won't get the price.

Alan S