hydraulics problem

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
ed_straker
3000 rpm

hydraulics problem

Post by ed_straker »

Well, some "minor" problems are left...and one is the missing power steering/front suspension thing.

Spheres all around OK (about a year old), new accumulator sphere, new rear arm bearings, changed flow divider, changed front struts.

The back of the car has a soft ride, but i dont have that much power steering and the front of the car offers a hard ride (stiff suspension).

Actually, i dont know whats wrong. Brakes wonderfully too, ACC-sphere (well:the part which its attached to) clicks rarely...

Hydroflush the system?!?!?!?Clean filters again?! Cleaned the system last year, but not very long. The LHM seemed to be original (from 88') before i cleaned the system.
So should i just try and repeat the cleaning procedure?!?!
Honda Civic Type S
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I think you have air in your system. When you flushed it with new LHM a year ago it still should be fine. I think it is every 2 year or 60.000km.

Try to bleed your breaks and see if there is any air in the system, when that's done and the problem still excists, look further.
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hi there,
yes i agree it sounds like you have an airlock somewhere has happened to me many times. my car has a very slow leak at the front just drips, last time the fluid got very low cos my suppl ran out and when i filled it beck up the suspension would not rise and there was no power steering tried fiddling for hours and nothing happeded. but i was lucky because the next time i started it after 5 mins it just popped up like nothing ever happened. i would adbise you to find a return pipe or something on the steering and take the pipe off, you just need to find a bleed point whether its purpose made or by taking a pipe off. when its off go from full lock to full lock. try it with engine off first if that doesnt work then maybe try it with engine on very rapidly, when you hear a glurking sound followed a pressure spraying noise then you have probally solved it. im sure you will manage to sort it.

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)