MOT

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

I had a 1.7HL which i wote off in ice, the 155 remoulds on it didnt help!
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

Well ive used it today for the first time in ages, the suspensions too hard (I have 5 new spheres to go on) and the exhaust blow (downpipe) is annoying and the slow to read tacho is still there as it was in 1998, mind you shes de-dented now for the pricely sum of £25 and the new grille, rad cap and dipstick are on.

Steamed the engine again and yes it didnt go again (but looks nice) as I filled the plug recesses with water again! Wuick suck with the hoover sorted it! The new set of leads enroute will help as they have the rubber wotsit on them.

Good day though, real nice to have her up and running again.

Spheres, speedo cables and exhaust downpipe are next to do!
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Re: power

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

Toddman wrote: I also had a 1.7 OHC Marina but that was far too much of a handfull and I stuck it in a dyke
hey,
i bet she didnt appreciate that! :D . well you know ax's i think are cool! me and my mate chris used to abuse his dads 1.5d debut to feck just a couple years back. you know you can usually get ax gt's with blown engines etc for 100 quid up here, can you imadgine spending 50quid on a bx17td and swapping the engines over. would probally shift a bit.

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

hi tim,
i dont know if you have done sphere's before but they can be a bit of a pain sometimes. my friend ricky who's kinda my mechanic when i cant do it or cant be ar*ed doing it gave me some great tips which makes the job easy and he is a citro mechanic for near 30 years. anyhow you will need a chain wrench thing and put the car in max height position with engine off, thats where they are loosest and come off easy. dont worry when you take them off you wont get sprayed with lhm and the car wont come down, the most you will get is a few drips. dont do it with the suspension down or they are very tight and often snap the chains.

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

Fortunatly my mates Ian Fearn from the BX club and he is a dab hand at them, will cross his palm with silver and he does them for me. Thansk for the advice though, I Know my limits though!
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

hi tim,
believe me its as simple as unscrewing a bottle cap. then be sure the seal is there and screw the new one into place. they only need to be put on hand tight as the suspension pressure is what keeps them on. you should give it a bash im sure you will sucseed.

rossco

tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

Judging by how old they are they wont be easy to take off, the last gti I did they were seized soild! Ian has the proper tool for removing them and he dont charge much, and that way I dont get dirty hehe!