Rear electric windows. Bike Carburettors.

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
Anonymous

Rear electric windows. Bike Carburettors.

Post by Anonymous »

Does anyone know whether BXs with manual rear windows still have wiring loom already inside door for electric operation, like the Xantias have?? Can't remember and wondering if the mechanical & motor bits were worth while salvaging before old car goes to breakers.
Also is anyone running 16v engine on bike carb's?
What was it like to set up as regards jetting??
Finally does anybody have a ballpark kerbside weight figure for a fully stripped-out 16-valve??
Cheers
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

a std 16v book weight is 1070kg, by stripping out everything you would prolly be looking at saving around 100kg - 150kg may be?? depends on how serious the stripping out your going?? seats and carpet out your prolly looking around 40kg?
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
MoRtYMer
3000 rpm

Post by MoRtYMer »

Well about the wiring loom, if the rear doors have the rubber tube from the chassis to the door, near the hinges, then they could have the wiring. If not, it doesn't have. My old BX 14 RE didn't have electric windows (even on the front) and the rear doors didn't have the tube. On the front one's they here there just to pass the wires from the stereo.
Channel Hopper
Tick Over

Post by Channel Hopper »

Timmo wrote:a std 16v book weight is 1070kg, by stripping out everything you would prolly be looking at saving around 100kg - 150kg may be?? depends on how serious the stripping out your going?? seats and carpet out your prolly looking around 40kg?
I think you could go much further than 150kgs by dumping the standard exhaust and fuel injection system and using a set of Fireblade carbs and open pipe.

More savings - most of the dashboard and switchgear, heater matrix and piping/controls door interiors and the window wind motor mechanisms, rear wiper, smaller fuel tank (and less fuel), spare wheel, wheel brace and lift, skipping the full english breakfast, etc.

I wouldnt dump the standard seats, they are about the lightest ones on the market.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Channel Hopper wrote: I think you could go much further than 150kgs by dumping the standard exhaust and fuel injection system and using a set of Fireblade carbs and open pipe.

More savings - most of the dashboard and switchgear, heater matrix and piping/controls door interiors and the window wind motor mechanisms, rear wiper, smaller fuel tank (and less fuel), spare wheel, wheel brace and lift, skipping the full english breakfast, etc.

I wouldnt dump the standard seats, they are about the lightest ones on the market.
with out doubt massive savings could be made but it depends muchly on the severity of the weight loss required!! polycarb windows would help a fair amount too but if the cars going to be a daily driver then there are limits lol! if its an out and out track car only then fair doo's rip everything you arnt goignt o need out

gary's racer is very light in terms of our std cars but they did the full strip down including un needed wiring etc iirc on that car!! luke may be able to shed a bit more info on it or even gary himself if he happens to catch this one!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

Luke was telling me that Garys car is down to a very slender 950kgs, and over 200bhp per ton :D

Jez
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

:D :D :D