16v getting wet (on the wrong places...)

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
MoRtYMer
3000 rpm

16v getting wet (on the wrong places...)

Post by MoRtYMer »

Ok, yesterday was raining cats and dogs here, so today i was going in to the car checked under the left rear seat and the sponge was wet in 2 places. But i can't find where the water is coming in...

The roof is dry and the car is parked on a ramp, facing down so all the water that gets in the car goes to the front drains and there's no water there.

So theres water right in the middle of the rear left seat (in the sponge under the seat), and right next to the rear left door (in the sponge too). It looks that it comes from the rear but the boot floor cover is dry, and it doesn't look it can come from the door...

Now where could i look more to find where the water is getting in?
Toddman
Administrator

water

Post by Toddman »

This is a common problem usually caused by the sunroof drain tubes.
The old forum has kots of threads about it - try searching for Swimming Pool with toddman as the poster and you will find some info - possible that we have discussed it on here as well

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The doorrubbers are also suspecious. Even though you can't see it, it's a good possebility it comes in that way.

Ask you're dad or a friend to hose the car wet. Get in the bx and try to find out where the water comes in...

Marc
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

another possability to add to the list is the boot seal up the top of the boot! mine has a small leak from there on the odd occasion!
but as luke said, chances are its sunroof drains! mine used to get damp there and rear passenger carpets!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

Under rear seat is nearly allways rear sunroof drains as found by poking up behind rear lights, none of mine have front drains anyway!! and it allway fills up there if parked face down! much better to park it back down and get the rear ones clear