Hard starting when warm

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
Toddman
Administrator

sensor

Post by Toddman »

Yes Robin the TDC sensor is sometimes called the rpm sensor.

Whip the plugs out and tell us what colour they are

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hi robin,
more often than not it is a silly problem with these engines. i would be more inclined to think it was a fuel problem thean your plugs as as you say they are new 'ish. try this.. try starting it and when it fails to start get your nose up the exhaust and if it stinks of fuel then mike is prolly right about injectors. but i think its prolly the opposite, not enough fuel. check the fuel pressure regulator and the system for air leaking into the fuel lines. i.e before you turn it over next time take fuel return pipe off then turn it over, if the pressure is good fuel will squirt out the pressure reg instantly if it takes a second or more then its low fuel pressure hence then reason it dont start immediatly is it is waiting for the pressure to build up. if so check for split fuel hoses, fuel wont leak out i think but air maybe sucked in. have you changed any fuel system parts before the problem started i.e fuel filter or lines etc.

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)