16v in autotrader this week

Offer your parts and cars for sale here.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Don't think I've ever seen your car in the metal Rich, are the shuts and bays all that colour as well :?:

Any piccies :?:

Mike P.
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

I think ive seen this car have I? is the really bright green one? If so its similar to a roveer colour they did a few years ago, very poular with the 200 coupe.
Daniel B
4000 rpm

Post by Daniel B »

RichL wrote:I bought my Green one because it was low milage, and certain parties on this forum said "Oh yeah, it's been resprayed in metallic green, I think its a Ford colour like they get on Mondeo's."
I thought it was a nice deep forest green, so imagine my suprise when we rounded the corner of the sellers road and I said "Right, keep an eye out for a green B-OHGODMYEYESIMBLIND!!!" as the traffic-lights-on-lsd-green beast appeared. :D
Is that what I told you Rich....? :oops:

I was only passing on info from PTS - but it certainly stands out eh! :D

Dan
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Rich

Think it's Bora Bora Green like my old Xsara VTS was, and certain late french hot hatches. Just looks really bright on a much larger body shell!

Adrian
RichL
Tick Over

Post by RichL »

Yes, it's Bora Bora Green, a proper PSA colour. I've seen it on Xsara Picasso's and the odd Saxo, but the amount of flat metal on the BX really makes it stand out. People were literally stopping and staring when I drove by for the first couple of weeks :)
The shuts are sprayed in, but the engine bay isnt. I hope PTS didnt use his reglar bodyshop for this job because the quality if bloody awful - even to my untrained eye there are pinholes, dust specs and flat patches, and a lot of the plastic is peeling. Early in its life I gave it a jetwash, and blasted some of the paint off the wheelarch :shock:

I've got a pic or two on my website, but I cant remember the exact address and being at work, I can't ftp in and find where I stored them.