Any good places to get headlight/sidelight bulbs from?

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Daniel B
4000 rpm

Post by Daniel B »

POP this morning on the drivers side! :lol:

I make that about 80 odd hours, so not too impressive!

I have now ordered 2 pairs of these for £30 - see how these fare...

ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

Dan -if you still hav ethe same blade - change it! its been on too long! and get a Paul Journee one if you can they work better on a BX for some reason.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

headlight bulbe are definately a case of you get what you pay for!
as said earlier in the thread, mums golf was blowing £4 bulbs every month to 6weeks! i got her some philips superbright road legal (well passed mot with them in!) ones and they have been in now for well over a year with no probs!! that is except for people flashing her as thye are bright! (mum being mum, flashes back and blinds them with the highbeam bulbs!:D)
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Bought a pair about 3 years ago to go in my old Green GTi 4x4 because they happened to have a green tint, think i paid about £15 for them and they've been in & out of various cars & in a box in the shed a couple of times since, still going strong in the white 16v. Pretty sure they're Osram.

I think it's more a case of every bulb's subjected to different stresses in such that no 2 will ever last the same time. Also bear in mind that most premature failures are caused by overheating of the bulb rather than the filaments breaking. This is more noticeable in modern cars as the typical space constraints usually leave little area in the lamp for heat dissipation.
Now listen here you mullet...
Daniel B
4000 rpm

Post by Daniel B »

ollie wrote:Dan -if you still hav ethe same blade - change it! its been on too long! and get a Paul Journee one if you can they work better on a BX for some reason.
Thanks Ollie - yep same blade, but had little use :roll:

POP - other bulb went this morning, had to limp in on 2 side lights, but couldn't get home like that, so bought a cheap pair to get me home from an autofactors for £8!

More pricey ones yet to arrive, but I ran out of options!

Dan
Daniel B
4000 rpm

Post by Daniel B »

Morning,
Powerbulbs arrived today and look to be good quality.

Also got these:

http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/default.asp?offer.asp

Am I asking for trouble if I fit them to either car, what with the blue tint and all?

Might just keep them as spares.

Dan