Strange driving position?

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
Anonymous

Strange driving position?

Post by Anonymous »

tis kinda strange, whenever i get into the bx, i always seem to be sitting on the floor..

i know it's got 'height' adjustment but that really just tilts you backwards.

i really don't like that..

don't supose anyone has a solution to this do they?

james

oh, and a picture jus for fun :lol:

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

first does the car 'rise' once u have started the engine, u should feel the car rise to its normal driving position provided the height adjuster nxt to the hand brake is in the middle is it?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

or do u just mean the seat? confusin :shock:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

yeh i mean my position in relation to the car.

i feel like a spotty 17 year old driving my first 'real' car :D and peering over the dashboard..
AlanS
3000 rpm

Post by AlanS »

Unless you're 3 foot 6 in your sox, you must have a collapsed seat cushion or broken seat frame.
Anyone over 6 foot usually complains about lack of headroom.

Alan S
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

I agree with Alan, i'm 6' 3" and the headlining constantly makes my hair fuzzy :lol:

You not sold it yet James?
Now listen here you mullet...
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

The GTi/leather seats seem to sit you higher up than the 16v ones, although I like being low slung 8)

Probably cos I'm a young oik :lol:
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

Kitch wrote:The GTi/leather seats seem to sit you higher up than the 16v ones, although I like being low slung 8)

Probably cos I'm a young oik :lol:
Why is it boy racers wind the seat backs all the way then lean forward in a attempt to make you 1.0 12v corsa go faster? :lol:
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

Maybe the breakneck accelaration broke the seat?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

jayw wrote:I agree with Alan, i'm 6' 3" and the headlining constantly makes my hair fuzzy :lol:

no not sold it yet. haven't really tried :? but i need to..

the seats are funny. i like to feel relaxed and can't get the right position. too reclined and i feel like a child and too far forward i resemble an old man..

there seems to be a lack of support just by the lower lumber which you try and compensate by reclining/tilting. i think so anyway.

for anyone who has driven a rover 200 '89-95 these seats ar just about perfect, and this is my daily driver.
Kitch
5000 rpm

Post by Kitch »

jiminwatford wrote:
jayw wrote:I agree with Alan, i'm 6' 3" and the headlining constantly makes my hair fuzzy :lol:

no not sold it yet. haven't really tried :? but i need to..

the seats are funny. i like to feel relaxed and can't get the right position. too reclined and i feel like a child and too far forward i resemble an old man..

there seems to be a lack of support just by the lower lumber which you try and compensate by reclining/tilting. i think so anyway.

for anyone who has driven a rover 200 '89-95 these seats ar just about perfect, and this is my daily driver.
I own a Rover 200 (as of about 2hrs ago) :lol: Its a good driving position, but I prefer the BX's. The steering wheel in the BX is big and laid back like an old Lambo....its cool :lol: