high flow

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
Anonymous

high flow

Post by Anonymous »

has any one had any dealings with high flow heads?

spoke to andy there today about supplying me with the parts i need for the zx and ended up chattin about the gti6 that getting broke he's talking about having a deal on bits i want and the gti6 so it looks loike i might get those cams after all!

just thought id ask how others had got on with him he seems genuine enough on the phone but i always like to ask around before i spend my money :D
Toddman
Administrator

HiFlow

Post by Toddman »

He always comes across as very helpfull and if you are getting parts from him I doubt you will have any problems.
Opinions do vary on his workmanship though but then there are always 2 sides to every story

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

at the moment luke i may have a deal with him on the gti6
he wants to awap me the gti6 for
basically "p" reg gti6
no mot
7 months tax
bottom end gone rattles like a bolt in a bake bean tin

for

all gaskets i need to do zx head (as you know its off at the moment)
pair of 270 cams
stage 3 head
no 4 exhaust cam pulley

seems like a good deal to me will be a shame to let the 6 cog box go but..... it will make the zx quicker with cams and headwork
Toddman
Administrator

parts

Post by Toddman »

Best bet is to price it up mate -
Cam pulley - you can just buy a different woodruff key for about £15
Cams - I suspect the 27- ones will be regrinds so you can use your old ones and pay Piper £190 to get them done.
Stage 3 head will be std valves I assume and from what I hear the exhaust side of these heads is oversize anyway so only the inlet needs real work.
Gaskets can be priced up anywhere.

Just make sure you are getting your moneys worth out of the deal as the GTi-6 is still sought after

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

gaskets with head bolts gonna cost me £125 ish
cams would cost me £190
pulley about £15
head is priced @ £540+vat

and being honnest the gti-6 stands me about £200
and gti6 are not saught after especially early ones

kids that want them but cant afford to insure group 15 car

and people who can insure them want somthing newer or quicker they are not that quick in fact having driven a couple now i think they are p*ss poor and over rated, plus the engines are about as strong as a chocolate tea pot

track day boy's would like 306's but 205's are better on the track

when the gti6 was all running with no problems it was for sale for nearly 4 months and he couldnt sell it for £1500
so he dropped his price to £1000 and still couldnt sell it
basically it's worth more as bits than it is as a car and plus im sick of the sight of it !
i was going to keep it @ one point but it has no soul (i'm sure you bx driver understand what i mean!) it's boring and looks like all the other 306's out there might as well be a soccer mum in her 306 hdi

basically as far as i am concerned best thing about it is the gear box and linkage