BX Estate

Make requests for parts and cars here
jayw
5000 rpm

BX Estate

Post by jayw »

Just putting out some feelers...

In no hurry so bear this in mind in future.

Looking for a Late plated (but pre-Cat) Estate. Petrol & injected, not carb.

Probably no Tax or Test

Good body essential & rust free.

Would prefer something i can drive home but may consider mechanical failure. (south of the country would be a bonus)

NOT Red.

CHEAP.

Cheers, Jay.
Now listen here you mullet...
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

Hya have tou tried a turbo diesel, there surprisingly quick and a good drive, will be as quick as 1.9/1.6 petrol when moving.
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Tim,

I'm actually looking for one to put this spare Engine in as practical transport now that i'm using the BX's full-time.

Always wanted to do it but never had the parts.

Current project (my old white one) won't be finished til June so no rush but if a good one comes up in the meantime i have space for it.
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Jay

It'd be worth checking with your local MOT station, but I'm 99% sure that because the BX was around already when the cat requirements came in for new types it is treated differently to a new model introduced after cats became a requirement.

I know my '92 16V could've had the cat removed and would simply have had a non-cat MOT. Worth checking if '93 L would be considered the same, or if the computerised MOT means the info is recorded as to what emissions test to do. Plenty of L reg estates about, and obviously the petrols sell for far less than the TDs and have generally done far fewer miles into the bargain

Adrian
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

I'll ask this afternoon as i'm taking a mates car for a test.

Is far as i was aware no car actually HAS to have a CAT fitted providing it can pass the Emissions limits for a Cat'ed car. Which in my experience is easily acheivable with modern cars.

This is why diesels are just tested as diesels whether they have CAT or not.