Chevrons

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
jayw
5000 rpm

Chevrons

Post by jayw »

Spoke to my mates mate the signwriter about the Vinyl Graphics i want on the car.

In order for them to do the 'Chevrons' for the roof/bonnet i need an exact & to scale drawing/cad image with the correct measurements for them to be correctly portrayed.

Obviously i can't just take any picture off the internet as they may not be to scale (width V height). The measurements are nessecary as my printer may not be the same as yours and vise versa etc.

They can scale up & down from the original so it doesn't matter on the size of the original as long as it's correct.

Kind of hoping this is the sort of useful thing Vanny has tucked away in his neverending box of tricks :lol:

I'd hate to have them looking like a 'Mens Toilet' sign :shock:
Now listen here you mullet...
Mike E (uk)
4000 rpm

Post by Mike E (uk) »

I suggest you copy the logo off a Citroen brochure.

I have seen the BMW specification for their logo, with everything defined that could possibly alter its appearance.

I expect Citroen have a similar specification, and a brochure is sure to give a good example.
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

never seen a perfect specification, but if i'm doing anything proper i tend to use images directly from there site.

However, i've had a few dealings with citroen global support (ie Citroen UK Customer Services) who have always been VERY willing to help! This forum has verbal permission to use the Chevrons for example, and i suspect that if you drop them an email and explain just exactly what you want to use the images for (non profit, one off, citroen racer) then i imagine they can send you postscript or the like files!

If needs be i have chevrons off the car and can make a cad reproduction? Any idea what format your printer needs them in or just in global references? THe badges on the car are both identical size, but the published images are different top and bottom!

Tiolets sign is just a random one i have on my laptop, so normally you cna tell if im on MSN on laptop or home PC or uni computer (Uni comp is side profile of my alloys!)
AlanS
3000 rpm

Post by AlanS »

Wouldn't it be just as easy to scale them off the ones on the cars bonnet?

Alan S
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

Vanny wrote:The badges on the car are both identical size, but the published images are different top and bottom!
IE it would look really stupid blown up to any significant size and would be quite obvious as well. Having seen some rather large versions on citroen racers you do really need to have the two different sized/angled chevrons!
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Vanny wrote:
Vanny wrote:The badges on the car are both identical size, but the published images are different top and bottom!
IE it would look really stupid blown up to any significant size and would be quite obvious as well. Having seen some rather large versions on citroen racers you do really need to have the two different sized/angled chevrons!
Now that makes sense! I had noticed the difference hence needing a proper original.

Will email Cit and see what happens, still searching my Vocab for the right Terminology so they know what i want :roll:
Now listen here you mullet...
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

this is the largest image that i have, i should think you can get some basic dimensions from it?

http://www.vangordon.co.uk/bxproject/ga ... itroen.jpg

EDIT

Bored, waiting for library to open at 12 so made a vector of the file (which can be infinately resized) and then had a play (its NOT perfect im well aware, there are no dimensions associated)

If you want specific point perfect dimensions i should be able to do that, just tell me total size you want covering Jay (or i can take the tape measure to my car ;))
Last edited by Vanny on Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gary C
4000 rpm

Post by Gary C »

Your local dealer should have the relevant information as the colour and dimensions would need to be given to local newspapers etc for advertising copy.