Pug 205 1.9 GTi wheels

Make requests for parts and cars here
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

tim leech wrote:I do likemy standard wheels, I put a set of 15" TSWs on and I did prefer the originals instead.
I would like the originals too but they are very hard to find here, and if found then very expensive when in good nick :?
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

I bought a set of used ones needing tyres for £25 4 new tyres and a clean later they look nice
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

Bump!

Also - best place to get rear discs and new pads all round...?
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Now knowing how much you want to spend, have you seen these sets on ebay at the moment, one's in Crewe so not far down the road from you.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0066874286

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0073085397

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0069770890

Mike P.
Founder member of the Phase 1 Appreciation Society!
- - - - -
'88 'F' White Bx16v - 62k miles & as seen on TV
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

dj, give a local factors a shout matey, i got mine from there (discs and pads!) they may suprise you ! failing that gsf will have them!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

Thanks Timmo, I will do so. My rear brakes appear to have stopped working entirely :? I think I need to flush the LHM. Robin also suggested bleeding rear brakes, from the rear bleed nipples. Does this sound reasonable?

And cheers for the options Mike :) to be honest what I'm after really is a set of peeled-laquer but straight ones as I want to finish them in white (like a rally whore). I really like the look of these in white on a red BX!
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

djoptix wrote:Thanks Timmo, I will do so. My rear brakes appear to have stopped working entirely :? I think I need to flush the LHM. Robin also suggested bleeding rear brakes, from the rear bleed nipples. Does this sound reasonable?
Yes and easy to do, just fit a hose over the rear bleed nipples, car in highest position, start the engine, let someone put a foot on the brakepaddle and bleed that sucker :wink:
be gentle with the nipple, they have a habit of rusting :?

Also it would be a good idea to clean the callipers because they have a habit getting dirty so the pads don't move anymore.

When done, put some weight in the trunk and drive like that for a while and the discs should be clean again. If this does not work then another problem should be the cause of your bad brakes at the rear.

Cheers
Marc
Mike E (uk)
4000 rpm

Post by Mike E (uk) »

I would recommend fitting new bleed screws when you do this,
you will be very pleased you did, next time you bleed the system.

Mike.
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

they're about 83p each from citroen and come in pairs with special stuff in the bag to stop them rusting while on the shelf (hence i bought in bulk!)
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

Thanks guys. The discs are completely shot, will def need new ones.

Marx, I am always gentle with nipples. ;)

Vanny, there is a gearbox on ebay, were you after one or am I imagining it?
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

there is one on ebay but £40 for an unknown standard box is having a bit of a chuckle i think! Will source one for that money if i get really stuck, but im hoping one will turn up before then!