new wheels ish! - Pics added! Updated!!

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Timmo
Full Throttle

new wheels ish! - Pics added! Updated!!

Post by Timmo »

popped up to see a mate of mine today who's just got himself a scoob to replace his tb'd Mi 309! very tasty car! comes with fully adjustable race spec dampers! anyway i digress! seeing as he has gone to the red dot side he did a deal on some speedline 1.9 alloys for part of my improvements i have planed! so now sat outside are 4 grubby speedlines in need of my speciak touch! plan is black pearl with a polished lip! hopefully they will look half decent by the time i am finished!
oh and top guy that he is also chucked in a helix clutch as it aint goin to fit the scoob!
the price, all for £32! oh and thats 4 good tyres too!:D
chuffed would be one word!!!!
i wi8ll take some snaps of te progress as per usual! but am going to take my time with them to make them right!
Last edited by Timmo on Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

excellent! 8) spamking deal too! im sure with your paint skills they will be tha proppa thing mate!! 8) just waiting for the piccys!!!

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

thought i should add some pics!
spemt a couple afternoons this week cleaning them up ready! (2 a day as its damn cold!) 3 were easy to do but one was a sod lol! any way pics!
wheel 1
wheel 1 inside
inside cleaned up

Wheel2
Wheel 2 inside,
wheel 2 inside cleaned!

wheel 3
wheel 3 inside,
wheel 3 inside cleaned

Wheel 4 - The Sod!! :D
inside - didnt look to bad until i looked closer and was really baked on!
wheel 4 inside scrubbed!
wheel 4 face cleaned up!
gave up when i got to this stage as the drill was dying (wire brush attatchemnt used with plenty ot muc off and alloy cleaner!!!)

and finaly the tyres! (one dunlop, one good year, one ventus and a diplomat!!!)

they all have relatively good tread although all 4 are different which is a bit of a pain but am not overly bothered as i would have to be replacing the ones on the car anyways! and 15's are only a couple of quid more than 14's now!

The plan is to spray them up in Honda night hawk black pearl (black with a red and blue pearl in it! v.nice colour!!) with a polished lip, But! am not sure wether to go the polished lip way or just spray them all black??? any thoughts?? spraying them all would be easier by far, also polished lip or just alloy silver lip?? Also goign to paint the calipers red too so thye can give a bit of a splash of colour of through the wheels! (my old 309 looked sweet with the red calipers through the wheel holes!)

Not going to rush through these, need to sort ht eprimer etc out and also not a great deal of room in the shed at the mo! (3 bikes, all my cleaning gear, pair of 12" subs in boot build! both tool boxes plus all manor of other carp! ) so its prolly going to be one at a time when it gets to top coat and finishing, hoping to have them done witin the month though! (wife and Daughter permitting!!!)

any thoughts on wether to lip or not to lip would be grateful!
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

polished lip! but isn't that one of those personal choice things?
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

I would def go with polished lip mate. Black tyres on black wheels on a black car is just too dark, a polished lip makes the wheel seem bigger and draws your eye, IMHO. Depends on the condition of the lip of wheel 4 I suppose!

Are they SMR or Speedline? Don't think there's much difference, SMRs might be a bit heavier.

I am rather excited by all this, for I am picking my 1.9 alloys up tonight 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Mine are going to be arctic white, like a rally whore :wink:
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."
Daniel B
4000 rpm

Post by Daniel B »

Personally I prefer all one colour, so would avoid the polished lip.

Dan
MoRtYMer
3000 rpm

Post by MoRtYMer »

For me, polished lip. :)

I will try some day to get one of those to my 16v but painted in antracit with polished lip, for mine.

Somebody know if there are some citroen centers whells for that wheels?
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hey timmo,
i would defo go with the lip! maybe even in chrome is not too hard, if not then silver is good. i agree that the car tyres and wheels being black it will prolly look like steelies on, wich widnae be good mate.!

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

MoRtYMer wrote: Somebody know if there are some citroen centers whells for that wheels?
That's what I'm trying to locate, I think centre caps off our wheels will fit but I only have one set - if anyone has a spare set of centre caps they want to sell please PM me!
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

thanks chaps! the outer lip on all the wheels is alright! a few scuffs here and there but nothing to bad! will have a crack at one wheel and see how easy it is! if its a pita i may cheat and clean them up and paint them silver! :roll:
Mortimer, i think that the centres from the std 16v wheels will fit! (read i hope!:D) both wheels are the same central bore so the theory behind it is that they should fit! but, me being me, i cant be bothered to take one of my wheels of to check loL! so will do the centres seperately! :D
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!
MoRtYMer
3000 rpm

Post by MoRtYMer »

And some like the peugeot ones? With the double chevrons "ebossed". That would be sweet. :P
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

You can get stickers to go on the std ones.
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
csg100
3000 rpm

Post by csg100 »

I would go without the polished lip personally, because I think it would look a bit odd on a black car to have a bit of silver round the wheels (IMHO of course).

I had a black Suzuki Swift with black wheels and I think it looked great. Like this in fact:
http://www.carlgibbs.com/gallery/v/cars ... t.JPG.html

Get someone clever to do a photoshop impression of each variation and see what you think. Or put a poll up and let us choose :)
Carl
---------------
1990 Citroen BX 16v
1982 Rover 3500SE
1988 Volvo 360 GLT (for sale)
www.carlgibbs.com/gallery
Daniel B
4000 rpm

Post by Daniel B »

Agreed,
all black on a black car looks the dogs - a bit Mad Max even :twisted:

Dan
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

this is a mock up i did a while back with it on black wheels with the lip polished!
its a bit rough in the sence i used MS Paint to do it lol!
in reality the wheels wouldnt look quite so dark i dont think (well they would be shiny anyways haha!) but am tempted to go all black???
Hmmmmmmmmmmn??????
Timmo 8)

Its Because its French!