Throttle cable force limiting spring

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
Mandic
4000 rpm

Throttle cable force limiting spring

Post by Mandic »

Hi,

Is there a force limiting thingy in the bulkhead which limits the force at which throttle can be opened. So if I press the accelerator pedal too hard throttle arm won't break?

Thanks

Ziga
Image Don't run your life on diesel
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Unfortunately, no. The recommended method, according to a Citroen course I went on is: press accelerator pedal to floor and adjust at the throttle body to give just full opening without strain on the pedal box.
Also bear in mind that the pedal often bends limiting its travel, which can be cured by bending pedal upwards against the stop. The reason for this happening, is overadjustment in the first place.
I often used to do this on cars that customers had brought in, it was a great 'quick tune up' method. All BX owners should try it by pressing accelerator to floor and ensuring that the throttle opens fully!
Toddman
Administrator

cable

Post by Toddman »

^^ That is how I understand it - always worth checking oyu actually get full throttle when the pedal is on th efloor - every little helps :twisted:

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Mandic
4000 rpm

Post by Mandic »

Well according to a user on 205 forum 205's have this limitter, so I needed to be sure BX has it also. Obviously not :(

Thanks,

Ziga
Image Don't run your life on diesel