my car colour scheme and arch cutting!! 8)

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.

should i trim the rear arches or not.??

Poll ended at Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:09 pm

Trim the arches it will look great!!
23%
Dont touch the arches you nutti scotsman!!
77%

Total votes: 13

Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

i guess it wouldn't be a first to do the rear arch chop, and it doesn't look too bad is you put the same arche 'flare' onto it as the front.
Toddman
Administrator

arch

Post by Toddman »

Well it certainly doesn't look too bad at all and the top pic looks very good IMHO - probably something I wouldn't do myself but no way does ot look gash.
But opinions are worthless unless you worry about what other people think.

Cheers
Luke
Last edited by Toddman on Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hi folks,
well good to get some opinions anyhow but when i was talking of doing it i meant just taking some of the kit panel off not the whole thing. just to make the rear look symmetrical to the front if ya ken wit a mean! :D infact here is a dodgy paint effort to give you a better idea of what i mean. now it is supposed to have the rear arch the same shape as the front but im crap at paint.

now what do you guys think!?? :?

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

Dont be offended mate but i think it looks bloody awful!
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

tim,
thats fair enough! i think it improves the line from front to raer of the skirts etc. would make getting the raer wheels off easier at times too!! im not too sure if i want to go for it or not yet as im sure when its off i wont be going back on easy if i change my mind.

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

I actually kind of like those, Jez, but in general I would say a BX without the rear arches looks wrong diddly wrong wrong.
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."
MoRtYMer
3000 rpm

Post by MoRtYMer »

Well i would say let it as is it, don't cut it, but thats just me.

I think that that to be good has to be perfect, or it wouldn't look good, and then it's not easy to go back. And i have to say that even if the paint project :lol: is rude, to me doesn't look good.

Ok you need to change something? Get a ZX spoiler if you like it. :)
djoptix
4000 rpm

Post by djoptix »

I posted in the wrong place. I like the top car Vanny posted, but there's a lot more that makes that car look good than the rear arches. Middle one - not convinced, bottom one - while I like the 4TC for what it is, I think the std BX looks better.

I'm more concerned, Nutti, that you are using a Spanish copy of Windows XP :lol:
Red phase 1, 84k
Silver phase 1, 67k
"Man who run in front of car get tyred; man who run behind car get exhausted..."
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

hi there,
yup i have xp in spanish! :D but its ok as i can read and understand most spanish! as i have a spanish flatmate and when my computer broke i realised i didnt have the xp disk but he did in spanish!! but at least it works!, its either that or 98 in english. but back to the car, i think that i wont go for the arch cutting but im still going for the viper stripes! :twisted: im thinking it will be looking good. as i already have tinted windows and red cars look good with dark windows and with white stripe it will look the dogs bits and im sure it will be one in a million!! as ive never seen or heard of another 16v with that on.

cheers rossco

Daniel B
4000 rpm

Post by Daniel B »

Good man TNS, as long as you are happy with what you are doing, that is the only thing really.

I probably would have had the same reaction about my gold alloys, but I had decided to go for them, and that was that!

Look forward to seeing your pics when it's done - any time estimate?

Dan
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

please no viper stripes! they will look pants!
go for rainbow flake laquer!!!
will dig out a pic of it for you!!!!
*edit*
here you go!!!

Would look much better than wiper stripes! seriously! viper stripes only look good on a viper! much like lexus lights! thye looik great on a lexus but nothing else! :D
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Daniel B
4000 rpm

Post by Daniel B »

:shock: I can't see beyond the ashtray, I can't see beyond the ashtray! :shock:
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

hi there,
daniel, well i have started filling and sanding the small dents! :D some are only tiny creases and hardly noticable but i want as many out as i can get out! :evil: so far i have filled and sanded down the right had side of the car have filled a dent in the roof and started sanding that and also have filled the left side. 8) i think in about 2 weeks i will have the body as straight as i want it then i will tackle the little rust spots that are here and there. so in about 3 weeks maybe i will start priming. so all in all a rough estimate maybe finnished by march. :shock: i hope! :D as im in no hurry to get it done. only thing im thinking about is what is the best technique to getting the stripes perfectly straight over the car!! :? as if they are 1 or 2 mm out it wont be noticable but more would so i have to get it right. im thinking about using laser when masking. :twisted:

cheers rossco

thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

oh by the way timmo in all honesty i hate the bloody flakey paint!! i just looks like someone had an accident in the spray booth! many council housing estate boy racers round here have that, and most of them on propper old bangers, its a bit chavtacular for me!!

rossco