Injectors

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
Vanny
Web Support

Injectors

Post by Vanny »

Anyone done anything clever with injectors yet?

My research tells me the following;
16v/Mi16/late 8v all use Bosch 0-280-150-762 injectors;
215cc, 43hp, 173hp total @3bar single pintle (hole in the bottom) and high input impedence (16ohm)

So to be looking in the realms of 200+bhp then one would want to look at the 250cc sort of mark, so GTi6 injectors seem like a good plan(265cc), they also have alignable 2point in jection.

Anybody any further thoughts on injectors? I've heard the green top cossie injectors mentioned before but they seem like a little overkill at 330cc but i think that at 100% duty so would give more like 264cc at 80% cycle which is a bit more realistic!
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Can you not just increase fuel pressure to increase flow?
Now listen here you mullet...
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

increasing pressure wears out the pump (unless you upgrade) and wears out the injectors both of which are costly, and you need a boost thingy to up the pressure which costs (not a lot i agree) but the option of borrowing injectors sounds good given how easy they are to remove!!

I think increaing the pressure will also mean a lot more to the remapping, or at least more than banging bigger injectrs in, don't really know not read that chapter of the magic book :D
Toddman
Administrator

flow

Post by Toddman »

All depends on what you want.
The std injectpors will; happily allow 200BHP if the engine is in the right state of tune.

The more efficient the engine the more power the std injectors will allow.

The green injectors are the common upgrade on serious engines but not cheap.

How will you be tuning if turbo then greens wil probably be best bet but if doing real mods like cams and high CR the std items will cope with an awfull lot with just a smidge more pressure amd longer duty cycle.

Cheers
Luke
Last edited by Toddman on Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
jayw
5000 rpm

Post by jayw »

Quite an interesting thread as i may want to increase fuel flow for the Nitrous Install, would adding a second standard fuel pump be a simple way to increase pressure? (i have an adjustable FPR to compensate any excesses). Or is that volume?

I worked out that at max revs we're at about 90% duty of the injectors at standard 3 bar pressure, adding the fuel shot (along with 50hp nitrous) puts me well over the maximum 3bar delivery rate.
Now listen here you mullet...
Toddman
Administrator

flow

Post by Toddman »

The std pump will live a long time at 4 bar and below but you can get a bosch motorsport pump for not too much money and these are a stronger unit built to cope with increased pressures.

There are many charts on the net giving flow rates and impedences of various std injectors so if you need to go bigger that is the easiest route.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch