STOP lights?? :(

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
Anonymous

STOP lights?? :(

Post by Anonymous »

'stop' light came on today :shock: :shock: it was flashing on tick over another light too 3rd or 4th one down the middle looks like water with a pan above it. the lights went off momentarily so i drove to the shop about 2 mins away lights stayed off but as i parked, they flashed on again for a second then off again. was ok on the way back?? strange. oh yeh header tank has water in and the wires to the sender look alright too. any ideas??
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yep, heard the exact same story from a dutch guy and it was'nt the water level (allthough that light come on) but it was the oil level :shock:

He did not notice that it it costed him his engine so please check your oil level!

It was a diesel but i don't think the warning lights will be that different....
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

oil is fine topped up the other day only thing i did differently was add some oil additive to help with the slight smoke from the tired stem seals.. hmm
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

car did the same again today but then remained off on my journey only to come on again weird? got me a bit worried! :shock: any other checks i should do??
ed_straker
3000 rpm

Post by ed_straker »

What marx-7 said...

If water and oil are OK, then wiring should be faulty...
Honda Civic Type S
ollie
4000 rpm

Post by ollie »

Water level sensor is two prongs in the bottle and they furr up! wip it out with a twist (when cold) and put finger (or that of friend) over hole then clean prongs with wire wool or household scotchbrite, don't bother polishing just get the crud off, stanley knife works well too.
put it back and gicve the connectors a shot of WD followed by some grease.

ollie
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

cheers mate i gave it a clean before i read ur post ollie and it appears to have worked!!( great minds think alike) so thanks for all ur help!!
Jack
Tick Over

Post by Jack »

yes, same on mine "STOP" cleared by cleaning the sensor