Loom - full wiring diagram??

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
Jack
Tick Over

Loom - full wiring diagram??

Post by Jack »

Electricity isn't getting to the spark plugs. New distributor, coil and amp, and loads of cleaned contacts. If I've got this right, the ECU is giving an airflow fault, but that checks out OK and hasn't been tampered with. If checking all the earths doesn't help, this is getting a bit serious as the car goes very well until it decides it's had enough and then stops with a vengeance (must have done three miles since its last two days off the road. Won't start hot cold or warm. Just to make it more interesting, an immobiliser was fitted. The electrician looking at this reckons we need a proper wiring diagram for the loom, better than the Haynes manual. Is there one available please? This is an early Phase 1, Motronic/Bosch I think. Thanks
AlanS
3000 rpm

Post by AlanS »

Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

the haynes manual wiring diagram is the same as that supplied by Citroen, technically its a wiring schematic, but if your electrician can't figure it out from that, then you might need a better electrician. However, are you looking in a blue covered haynes of the old grey coloured haynes? The grey one is better, the blue one (while has the citroen supplied wiring diagrams) might not have the Motronic wiring diagrams.

what the ECU number? the two ecu's have different wiring diagrams.
Jack
Tick Over

Post by Jack »

Thanks Vanny I will check, certainly I only have the blue manual. The electrician knows his stuff, he used to work on flight simulators. He tried to get this sorted at the roadside, and i got a good chance to talk to him. I'll go back to the garage with your questions, and post the answers as soon as i can.
Jack
Tick Over

Post by Jack »

Alan, thanks for the link. I forwarded it to my garage. Actually while i have been a bit quiet they have been putting some spare time in on the car for me, but no success yet. Vanny I have the ECU number now it's 0261 200 19. Thank you.