Hello an Introduction

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
SimonA
Tick Over

Hello an Introduction

Post by SimonA »

Just thought I'd introduce myself and give a bit of history. I'm a dis-located kiwi living in Exeter, came over for two years met a woman and am still here after almost ten !

I have a 91 dark grey 16 valve affectionately known as The Pig - It's done around 150k subject to adding the two speedos togetther and subtracting a random figure - number two speedo beats itself to death less than number one and I suspect there will be a number 3! I've owned the pig for four years and don't dare add up the bills but each time is the last big one honest ! The new head hurt and how many hydraulic leaks can there be !

It's my second 16 valve but I've also owned a GS and an ID19B (never should have sold that one !) so I'm familiar with the french concept of revenge !

We're thinking about joining the convoy to the 25 years of BX's and to be fair, when I get really despondent over the latest car issue, she does say there can't be that much more to fix and despite the camping thing did say okay.

Anyway it's nice to know I'm not alone in my insanity ![/b]
... and there are unknown unknowns
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

Welcome matey!
good to have another Southwest member! i am about 1 1/2 hours down the road into Cornwall from you, used to work on marsh barton back in 97! cracking place to work if you like your motors loL! (largest concentration of motor manufacturers in europe!)
Good to have you here! Nice history too! Get some pics up too! dark grey ones look good!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hi there,
welcome to the club!! nice to have more international members. by the way there will be no end to the leaks!! part of havin em!! ive spent 4.5k on my ph2 and it still leaks! :lol: :lol:

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

Your not mad, alittle eccentric maybe but your in good company, as for the speedo beating itself to death it may be worth changing the speedo cables before sticking another speedo in.
SimonA
Tick Over

Post by SimonA »

Well when the head was off I had them replaced and it's still rattling more than a rattler in Texas.

4.5K, her reply was .. is that all ! but I did go for the good body and slight rattle in the engine and it was dark grey and NOT red like the last (several shades of red) one I had that sounded like a food mixer in a metal bowl and as it turned out even the rust had rust. To be fair to The Pig I was doing 15k a year to and from work at ahem *speed* live in Exeter work in Taunton go figure, now I catch the train, not as much fun but slightly cheaper.

I might make a list but then I'd be depressed !

What I need (as well) is a good BX diesel, better MPG and no trains !

Is that a plan I see before me ?
... and there are unknown unknowns
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

SimonA wrote: What I need (as well) is a good BX diesel, better MPG and no trains !
I'd get a decent Mp3 player and stick with the trains!! :D :wink:

there are quite a few exeter peeps that work in taunton and vice versa! odd really! i suppose it avoids you 'taking your work home with you'!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Toddman
Administrator

hello

Post by Toddman »

Hi Simon good to have you here :D
The speedos often are troublesome but if you find a good clock and route the cable carefully you can usually make a go of things

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch