Bits for my Bro's 16v

Make requests for parts and cars here
Jezziebx16v

Bits for my Bro's 16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

Had a call from my Brother in Law today and his car has rolled down his road on its own and damaged a few bits :roll:

It now needs a front bumper (any colour will do) and a N/S/F indicator lense, I know the latter is cheap but he is on a budget at the mo.

Thanks Jez
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
Dave
3000 rpm

Post by Dave »

Sorry, do not have any bits but do you know what the cause of it "rolling" by itself was? I have known it happen on BX's if the handbrake is not set too tight and the suspension lowers. Just thought I would mention it.
Prefer it to the Lamborghini, like Signor Gandini!
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

Hi Dave,
I'm not to sure to be honest, he did mention he thought one of the cables had snapped but he has not looked yet, dare say i will have to mend it for him so when i do I'll get some pics and find out for sure.

Jez
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
Dave
3000 rpm

Post by Dave »

If it is not snapped I would say it is likely to be the above. Beware all :!: :!: :!:

Hope you can source a bumper quickly
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

mines always left in gear to avoid the above! used to be a common fault with them iirc!

there is a bx specialest down here if all else fails matey, he's not overly cheap though as a downside,
i know Rob nad Bob Hughes have used him okay!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

its not the suspension that causes the problem but the heat in the front discs, with the position of the hub and caliper and handbrake linkage the body moves around the suspension and not the suspension around the body, the handbrake cables stay roughly in the same position.

If the hand brake was on the rear however, as the suspension sinks the brake calipers actually rotate around the disc and this would cause the hand brake to come off. And this is the reaso the bx (and as far as i know most other HP citroens)have the hand brake at the front not the rear!