Getting more expensive to run now!

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Dave
3000 rpm

Getting more expensive to run now!

Post by Dave »

Went out yesterday to get 3 gallons or so for the BX armed with £15. Well I ended up with a measly 2 or so, the reason, 4* now costing £1.69 per litre.

I really could not believe my eyes when I pulled out the dispenser and the price came up. At first I put it back to give me time to question what I had just seen.

I believe the V power I had previoulsy bought had gone stale and drained the tank. This was because the starting problem I have previously had arose again. I bought the V power just at the time of the issues with supermarket fuel but it came straight from a shell garage so can't see that being connected. I drained some out and it looked very "yellowish" so drained the lot. Apparently unleaded does not have a very long life in the tank if you read about the subject on various sites.

I am thinking about getting some additive to prevent fuel going off next time and going back to unleaded. (assuming I do not find the same problem with this new fuel). I was expecting to pay more but not that price.
Prefer it to the Lamborghini, like Signor Gandini!
martyn
3000 rpm

Post by martyn »

£1.69 !!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I just checked http://www.petrolprices.com and locally V Power is 102.9 & Tesco 99Ron is 99.9, who's 4* are you using?
Dave
3000 rpm

Post by Dave »

Martyn,

You are comparing unleaded fuels. I am talking about the real leaded stuff and only certain garages supply it (supplied by Bayford). It is imported from finland. Hence it is dearer, a lot dearer now.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

higher octane fuels have a very short tank life! they are only any good if you constantly run them through the car, i got 180 miles out of £45 worth when i first came off ill as the car sat out side undriven for 3 weeks!
i dont use i any more, havent for a longtime but instead just use a good garage brand normal unleaded and seems to do the trick for me!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!