One 16v will have to go

Offer your parts and cars for sale here.
Jack
Tick Over

One 16v will have to go

Post by Jack »

hi Guys

I can't make my mind up but something's got to go eventually so I'm picking the For Sale section. As well as my silver 8v auto, I have the white 16v I got off Ebay last Feb, and the Red 16v we were trying to get fuel flap and bumper for.
This post is really about the red 16v which as well as needing bodywork now also needs a new clutch, so I'm told. Engines fine, but zero power to wheels.
Some parts on this car I wouldn't mind myself. But it has to be said if it was done up it with TLC would be a beautiful car again. Full 24,000 mile service and new cam belt, this car was being done up to keep.... No known non-clutch related faults...
I should be going to work, so will continue tonight. Meanwhile feel free to PM me with any ideas please. (White 16v is really my baby, but the silver one still in Burton is the one it makes sense for me to keep. Problem is this red one is basically so nice too. And its got nearly a year's MOT as well.)
What to do now :roll: Watch this space....
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

Jack that car is far too nice to break mate, I know! I know the clutch was worn but it has 10 months MOT and a very healthy engine and asides the damage to the osf rear quater the bodys lovely.

Strange the cluthc would give up completly, are yuo sure its that?
prm
Tick Over

Post by prm »

Never known a 16V clutch to suddenly give up totally, apart from a broken cable.
The clutch units are quite heavy duty.

Check the amount of movement on the gearbox clutch arm compared to you other valver.

I would lay money – well 50p,- if your unable to select a gear, its either on the pedal box, where the cable connects to the pedal arm, fractured/bent, or the main operating lever on the box, welds are faulty. It maybe the clutch ??.if it’s been slipping for some time.
Is the pedal height/travel/resistance the same as your other BX’s??

If you do decide to sell, PM me. Rebuilding a red one,
tim leech
7000 rpm

Post by tim leech »

Ive driven the car, it wasnt slipping but reverse was a pig when warm. Too nicer example to break for spares or a donor inmho.