engine tuning software

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

engine tuning software

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hey folks,
does anyone have or know where to get software for tuning + diagnostics for these cars? to use with my laptop.

cheers rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

for a Motronic unit? You won't find it! The Motronic has no real time output unit (and i havent found any after market add ons/interceptors), so the only thing you can do is pull the chip out and remap it on the laptop!

Then there a plenty of generic codes, but the ECU Eprom is 'encrypted' with an 8 bit code, and you need to know the code and a couple of other bits of info to effectively 'unlock' the eprom map. Its been done, the cheapest i've seen the software available for (i mean the software and the codes) is about £3000 and then it's only available to registered professionals.

THe motornic isn't mean to be a versatile program, you really need an replacement ECU!

If you want to research it yourself, use google and go down the BMW 318i mapping route, its the same thing.
daaristieweer,wiedurft
Tick Over

Post by daaristieweer,wiedurft »

There is a way....
http://www.bxsportief.com/forum/phpBB2/ ... light=chip

Still looking also for compete tuned images of the chip, so i can put it on mine mk1 16v. I ve got a friend who can write/make the chips.

greetings, Jonne
bx16v mk1 '88
C4 HDI 110
Vanny
Web Support

Post by Vanny »

That looks to me like a quick way to hot swap the chips (personally i just open the can and rip them out!) and not a way to modify the chips in real time, something i have not been able to find a solution for and i believe is impossible with the motronic.

Good idea for ease of change though, personally i'll stick to the spare ECU i have for making changes (for now anyways).
Toddman
Administrator

ecu tuning

Post by Toddman »

I agree with Vanny - that looks like just a modified chip holer enabling quick anf easy chip changes.

I would suggest an easy way of fine tuning your map is to go the Dastek Unichip route which lets you trim the inputs to your ecu, otherwise it is indeed a new ecu because as said the Motronic system is not versatile at all.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch