She passed!

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
RichL
Tick Over

She passed!

Post by RichL »

Woohoo!

Got an advisory on the front tyres (new ones have been waiting to be fitted for the last year), and the emissions figure needed a quick twirl of the screwdriver to get within limits, but other than that the green hornet is now MOTed, Insured and Taxed :D

Now I just need to bleed the rear brakes, fix the leaky rad, have the exhaust replaced with a shiny rustproof SS one, fix the sunroof, the rear wiper switch, refit the radio, respray all the manky panels, fit that quad light kit I got a few months ago, and she'll still be worth bugger all! :)

But as I said to my dad when he asked why I was bothering, "Where else am I going to get a four seater hatchback that'll do 0-60 in 7.5 secs for this sort of money?"
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

Nice one Rich :) Great feeling when they are all up and running.

I get the same from people, "why spend all that cash on an old Citroen?" I just offer them a ride lol, normally enough to explain the love.

Glad its sorted, dont forget some pics with the quads on ;)

Jez
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

nice one matey!
is a great feeling when it passes with minimal effort!

defo need some pics with the quads fitted!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
RichL
Tick Over

Post by RichL »

In true BX fashion - she passed MOT in the morning and I was back underneath fixing stuff by the afternoon!

Bled the air from the rear brakes and took her out for a roadtest, which resulted in the low pressure return from the nearside caliper (I think) popping out of the connection under the gearbox and spraying LHM about. (well I was doing an emergency stop at >> motorway speeds).

Funny how on this car, I see breakages as an opportunity rather than a pain in the ass! :D