Quiet

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
RobC
3000 rpm

Post by RobC »

mine's still going strong (touch wood). spent yesterday drying it out after more sunroof drain blockages....
Toddman
Administrator

on song

Post by Toddman »

Not had my old girl running since October time so whilst bro was under the car port fitting mud flaps to his C5 I chucked him the keys - I did charge the battery up the previous weekend :D
She firedf up straight away and ran as sweet as a nut 8) can't wait until spring when the spanners come out for a full service and belt then shoulld get a few more miles put on the clock.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
cossie
4000 rpm

Post by cossie »

Hi Luke
Iains valver is doing fine,although shes not been used for a while.I went to start her up and I think it needs a new battery.Dont seem to hold power for long.
I think Iain wants to sell it as he dont get to drive it.
Cheers
1988 16v

2002 S-Type "R" (rocket?)
Adrian E

Post by Adrian E »

Our phase 1 didn't make it out of the garage except for the MOT last year :roll:

My Dad hasn't quite mastered the knack of using a care sparingly but often enough to stop things siezing up!!

I do have the nice Gutmann wheels to go on it, but no tyres yet. I'll probably wait until I've got some paintwork done on it before having them fitted as the rear arches will need a light trim before they'll fit.

I do keep tabs on this place, but not much moderating needed of late!

Spring will be here before we know it :D

Adrian
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

yay!!! :P
Channel Hopper
Tick Over

Post by Channel Hopper »

Apologies, I still have the phase 1 (rust scrapper) and 2 (big end issues), even the diesel conversion (the written off one) fires up with out problem, but I have changed jobs,and have been forced to using a van - actually two - for the past eight months.

If only I could have found a BX on the auctions with a good sized rear end (or an ambulance), it would still be my main transport, the suspension would mean I wouldn't get tired driving around London.

It will be on the road again soon though, 16valvers rule.
ed_straker
3000 rpm

Post by ed_straker »

Hopefully going to buy a Civic tomorrow...valver wont get out of the garage until summer :?
Honda Civic Type S