What's it worth?

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
H474YGF
Tick Over

What's it worth?

Post by H474YGF »

Hi all. I have a 16V BX that has been garaged for about 7 years. It had an engine rebuild just before I stopped using it but as it was barely run-in it hasn't really proved itself.

I'm unsure whether I want to use it. I'm hoping for an MOT tomorrow and if it passes I'll tax it and use it for a bit. I may fall in love with it again but I may hate putting fuel in it after driving a tiny car for for seven years!

I suppose I want to know whether it is worth my while bothering. Its rough but it has a healthy engine, a nice interior, air-con, no-cat... phase 2.

Help me out here. :)
AlanS
3000 rpm

Post by AlanS »

Whatever you decide to do, DO NOT under any circumstances, try to start that engine!! I could imagine a 7 year old cambelt being about as strong as a strip of liquorice.
If it were to be started (if it got that far) and that belt snaps, there goes the good engine and the value of the car.
I'm not into the market prices in the UK, but to me it sounds quite saleable providing of course that is has been dry stored.
I'd be inclined to pop a new cambelt on ASAP, then start her up and from there work out a price.

Alan S
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

without pictures its difficult to be able to give a price, but an engine on its own is worth around the 500 mark and a rebuilt and low milage one a little more, air con adds to the value as well, what colour out of interest??
pics would be a bonus but shoud have though if its not too tatty youd be looking around the 750-850 mark?? good condition ones go for about 850 to a grand and real minters are a grand plus,
but as with anything, its onlyy worth what someone wants to pay!!

as alan said, worth getting the belt done!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!