BX 16v wanted

Make requests for parts and cars here
james cartledge

BX 16v wanted

Post by james cartledge »

hello all im looking to buy a bx 16v ive owned tim leech,s grey 16v plus two f plate phase1,s and a j plate white phase2 in the past

now ive caught the bug from this site i want another 1 a good one will have a budget of 1400 so il keep my eyes open and fingers crossed

any info on any for sale or spotted for sale is very welcome

cheers james :D
RichL
Tick Over

Post by RichL »

I never got around to shoving the Green Hornet on ebay as an organ donor, so she's still available to the terminally colour-blind :lol:

She's an 89 G plate with 69300 miles on the clock, best I can tell that's genuine.
No TAX, & MOT ran out a couple of weeks back.
Fairly recently had new plugs, dizzy cap, rotor arm, silicone plug leads, full hydraulic flush, filter&tank clean and fresh LHM (about 500 miles ago IIRC), octopus/doseur repalced (1k ago?), rear tyres (Avon 205/50x15) with a spare pair of brand new Michelin Pilot Exalto's in same size to replace the well worn Toyos on the front.
Comes with rare non-leaking sunroof, towing eye cover and double hinged glovebox lid! :raz:

Will need front brake pads (at the metal), new exhaust rear box - the cross box is holed but gooed together, sunroof is a bit stiff through lack of use but still works. Paintjob, apart from the lairyness, isn't exactly high quality so concours restoration will definitely need a respray. (Pretty sure the original colour was black)

Also comes with a set of Morette quad lamps I brought from another club member but never got around to fitting, a 3.5 cylinder bottom end that's been standing for years but might have some useful bits, and a handful of other spares such as handbrake cable, front ARB droplink, injector rail with 4 injectors, airbox bits, old spheres and a couple of Haynes manuals.

All in, looking for £700
PM me here or phone on 07973 496688 - don't be put off by voicemail its my works phone and in lieu of a secretary, Digital Dan has to screen my calls for me