Red P2 16v-hopefully soon to mine!

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
NZ16v
3000 rpm

Red P2 16v-hopefully soon to mine!

Post by NZ16v »

AM gonna try and get him down to $1900-2000(600-650squid),with him delivering closer to me.will keep you posted....its paint is farked, but interior is mint

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =185715458
Would rather be driving ONE 16v,than fixng TWO.
NZ16v
3000 rpm

Now mine!!!

Post by NZ16v »

Bought her this afternoon-its a 2.5hr hike to pick her up, but owner is driving 2.5hrs so we meet in the middle. Got her for $2K, and she will promptly head to the paint shop for a full respray. Gonna keep her factory fresh, and go nuts on my other toy.
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

whyt send it for a full spray matey?? you could have the car looking stunning again with a good quality machine polish and save your self a Shed load of cash!!
i know of a guy who has moved out to NZ who is very good on the machine polisher! (just started at a car restoration place)
not sure where abouts he is but can find out for you!!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hey, dude, nice car! :D yeah why re-spray it? it looks mint.

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
NZ16v
3000 rpm

Post by NZ16v »

hey timmo-let me know the dudes details!!!!!I havent seen the car in the flesh yet, but like you fellas, am optimistic its just the paint faded in different ways on the varying substrates-plastic, fibreglass and galc metal. Fingers crossed. Will definitely have to sort the home-job repair on the front wing grrrrr.will keep everyone posted-i really want her mint-the other one can be my modification toy!!! :D
cossie
4000 rpm

Post by cossie »

hmmmm add says 145,000 Km's as the clocks are in MPH I would say thats 145,000 miles?
Just a thought.Very nice car all the same.
1988 16v

2002 S-Type "R" (rocket?)
NZ16v
3000 rpm

well its mine now....

Post by NZ16v »

well its paint is farked-i was hoping as much as all of you(timmo) that it was just a substrate issue, but no. Some monkey has had a hoon on most panels-i know Venetian Red,and none of it is that colour any more! A bit of cutting will sort a bit of it, but it needs fibreglass repairs on the bumpers anyway.
SO, am off to paintshop tomorrow, and ave a set of 16in alloys getting powdercoated factory grey with polished lip etc, should look mint. Interior is great, needs a carphone removed, got a new parcel shelf, but crikey it goes well-averaged 70mph most of the way home from buying it.Funny thing, when i got in it,i tried startin it.....nothing.And the guy i bought it off leapt under it, fiddled the starter, and presto!He says it it did it to him ONCE when he bought it from the previous owner, and never did it again-yesterday was the first time it had done it since.So the old girl just gave me a nudge, reminding of who was boss!!!Love it tho, cant wait to get her mint. :D
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

sounds good matey!
we need pictures of this please!! haha!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!