Hi from a New Member!

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
furyd
Tick Over

Hi from a New Member!

Post by furyd »

Hi all

Just a quick post to say Hi to all you 16Valvers.. Have been browsing this forum for about 5 months now. My name is Furkan (friends call me Fury) and I'm based in the north-west of England (Blackburn, Lancs).

Just recently aquired a 1991 Ph2 Gti and have been busy getting it going. Having previously owned 4 BX's (1 19RD and 3 TZDs!) the long awaited 16V has finally arrived!

I hope to get a few pics uploaded as soon as poss. Will be updating the Garage section soon. :)

BTW, a big thanks to Luke aka "Toddman" for getting me up and running on this forum. ;)

Regards

Furkan
aka "FuryD"
Fury D
----------------------------
Current: BX GTi 16V PhII - Grey [Gunmetal]
Simran
4000 rpm

Post by Simran »

Welcome, looking forward to seeing the pics.
mechuccio
3000 rpm

Post by mechuccio »

Welcome!

16V is the best! hope you have a lot of fun with it!
And I'll be looking forward as well to see some pics!
You can't spell slaughter without laughter ->I just love my 16V<-
furyd
Tick Over

Post by furyd »

Thanks..

Have updated the "garage" and uploaded a couple of preliminary pics.. Not of the best quality, but a good intro. At the moment, working on the heater tap (heater valve) - which has a major leak on the inlet through the firewall. As far as I know, the only way to remove this is to remove the complete dashboard and hence the steering wheel too...

Well, have removed it all successfully and am in the process of general refurb of the cockpit area. Including blower fans, heater matrix, wiring looms and a couple of rust patches where the blowers sit! Will repair the tap/valve and refit everything! :)

A lot of fiddly work, but good fun! (Although, injured my hand whilst working and have a gash in my knuckle about 20mm square and 10mm deep, as a piece of glass got wedged in there! :shock: - Now bandaged and in pain! :cry: )

Will keep you posted of progress. :wink:
Fury D
mechuccio
3000 rpm

Post by mechuccio »

Nice work :D

But it's possible to exchange the heatertap and radiator just by removing the glovecompartments.
Oh, and be prepaired by the way, since valvers need a little more attention than most BXes you'll be bleeding a lot more too :lol:
On the Dutch BX sports forum we have a special dedicated topic for all the wounds we get whilst working on our cars :lol:
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hello and welcome to the club matey!

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
docchevron1472
4000 rpm

Post by docchevron1472 »

Hello and welcome along mate.

mechuccio wrote: On the Dutch BX sports forum we have a special dedicated topic for all the wounds we get whilst working on our cars :lol:

Thats a fantastic idea!

If only I'd taken pictures everytime I'd lost several pints of blood into cars!
1990 BX 16v Phase 2
1989 BX TD hybrid
1971 BL 350FG Ambulance (unique)
1993 Dennis Lance 132
That's when I reach for my Revolver
furyd
Tick Over

Post by furyd »

Thanks for the warm welcome peeps..

Is it possible that heater tap removal is opposite to LHD BXs than RHD cars.. ie. the tap is situated behind the steering column, next to the foot pedals? :?:

Well, a few pics of the job at hand, plus progress so far.. :D

[See Garage for pics]
Fury D
mechuccio
3000 rpm

Post by mechuccio »

Oh yeah :lol: offcourse, I drive a lefty and the heater is on the right.
I don't think they completely redesigned the enginebay just to keep the heater reachable.

So discard my earlier comment about that :lol:
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

talking about skinning hands, f**kin saab heator ambushed my hand when i put it behind the dash!!

dont we just love it! :D
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
Toddman
Administrator

Hi

Post by Toddman »

Hi Furkan
Great to have you with us :D
Nice to see you in the garage already I have a P2 in silver that I really should add into there it needs a few bits to bring it up to scratch though.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
furyd
Tick Over

Post by furyd »

Hi Luke

Good to be here..
Yup.. got to get this one in decent condition too.. as you can see, I'm getting there! :)
Should have it back on the road by next week, pending no more injuries!

Regards

Furkan
Fury D
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Just looked at your pictures in the garage and thought the registration looked familier :lol: I owned it for a short time a few years back.
As I remember it was a pretty quick example! I know the 2 previous owners before me and it had alot of work done on it by them.
Hope you get her back to her former glory.

Jez
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.
furyd
Tick Over

Post by furyd »

Hi Jez

She does need quite a bit of TLC. (Mechanical and cosmetic)
I picked her up in a reasonable condition, but without TAX or MOT. She failed MOT and needed a bit of work doing. Main problems were related to previous work not being done properly (eg. Inlet manifold gasket/bolts loose, injectors unclipped (hence fuelly smell and emissions problem), tires worn out, exhaust clamps wrong type, etc..)

In what condition did you find her and for how long did you have her? Any other 'hidden' problems?? Do let me know.. :wink:

Cheers

Fury
Fury D
Jezziebx16v

Post by Jezziebx16v »

Hi Fury,

Right, I bought the car locally off a guy who bought it from the mechanic who did all my work on my last 16v. The chap was selling it as he had just bought another car and needed rid/gone of her, the only person that was interested was a guy that wanted her for the engine.
So I bought it in the hope to save it from another 205 conversion, I got her for a cheap price and at the time my 16v was off the road with no MOT and my intention was to use it and possibly replace the BX I already had.
Considering I pretty much bought it in the dark without really looking at it, it ran really well. After a few days I had a good look round it and the inner wings were rusted out and it also had corrosion around the boot area. I had the welding priced up and at the time I could not afford to have this done.
The car was fitted with 4 new tyres and the best part of a full sebring exhuast system and also a full closure toad alarm. So be it right or wrong I removed the new boots and put them on my existing BX and sold off a few other parts of the car to people off this forum with the intention to ebay the car as a doner vehicle as no one was interested in taking it off my hands.
The car was then sold on ebay and was bought by another member of this forum as a project (the guy you got it off I presume).
The car ran well when I owned it and had no problems with the injectors or the inlet manifold as you describe, the only major worries was the rust I have already mentioned.
Good luck with it, I hope you get her sorted, I would have but at the time I neither had the time or money that it needed.

Jez
Past 16v's: 89 Ph1 Black, 90 Ph2 Grey, 89 Ph2 Black, 91 Ph2 Grey, 91 Ph2 Black.

Now. 94 Datsun Silvia S14 rice rocket, 85 Peugeot 505 Turbo, 77 Ford Capri.