Another newbie...

All chat, general/off topic/banterish and questions relating to the BX16valve.
Anonymous

Another newbie...

Post by Anonymous »

Hi All

As your latest member I thought I should do the right thing and introduce myself! So I ended up here after some months of pestering my mate Dan ( also a member - Daniel B ) to get out and use his rather nice '91 valver, after neglecting it for the past 9 months ! Finally he has succumbed to my whinging and we have come to a "shared ownership" agreement - so we share the costs, I get a project to work on and use ( once its starts) and Dan is assured that his baby is given plenty of TLC - everyones a winner!

The target is to get the old girl up and running for the summer and take it to as many shows as we can - no doubt you will see a few posts from me over the next few weeks as I get acquainted with its gallic charms! Can't wait to get stuck in as its been a couple of years since my last retrotastic project, a minty fresh '84 Opel Monza GSE & before that a '87 1.6 Pug GTI, a Saab 900 turbo, MK1 Golf Gti and even some late 60's Triumphs in the mix :oops: . So I feel the time has come to enter the Citroen stable and see what it has to offer :wink:
Toddman
Administrator

hello

Post by Toddman »

Hi Darren and welcome to the forum.
Good work getting Dan back into action and I hope all goes well with the spanners :D
The valver is not such a bad car to work in really and there are plenty of helpfull people on here who will have handy hints and tips for most jobs.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k almost up to scratch
Timmo
Full Throttle

Post by Timmo »

welcome Darren!
sounds like your ona mission to get summer cruising then! and what better whay than to go in triton green style!
as luke saifd, plenty of knowledge floating around this forum although does seem your quite handy wotht he spanners so could well be helping us all out!:wink:
hope it all goes well and keep us posted on the doings!
Timmo 8)

After all i am the Cornish one!

Its Because its French!
Bx16v club - Sharing the love for the unloved!
thanuttiscotsman
7000 rpm

Post by thanuttiscotsman »

hello, and welcome to the club :D im sure you will find all you need round here.

rossco
1989 BX 16v ph1 Big project chipped, k+N, scorpion s/s, weber throttle body, Nitrous injection

1990 BX 16v ph2 (now scrapped)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hi all - thanks for the warm welcome :D I'll make sure we keep you all posted on progress - first spannering session scheduled for monday evening.......watch this space. :wink: