Rear subframe front bushes

All aspects of tuning,modification and repairs to the BX 16valve.
Frenchracingblue
Tick Over

Rear subframe front bushes

Post by Frenchracingblue »

Hi, am about to whip a rear subframe front mounting off the big brake car to have some nylon ones made - two pairs of top hats, in case anyone wants a set made at the same time. They of course have no give whatsoever. made some for the orange thing in 1997, still in there, despite the change in colour and body shell! Will do Nylon bottom engine mount at the same time. Very effective but causes a bit of vibration, so not nice for a pure road car, better with polyurethane really, but i need a bit more control.
Frenchracingblue
Tick Over

Post by Frenchracingblue »

just removed subframe front void bushes - perished and shot to bits, centre sleeves not attached any more! every set i've removed always looked like that, if they were visible in an MoT they would fail! good 25mm of vertical movement in the subframe. Should have new ones made soon.
jayboy
Tick Over

Post by jayboy »

Are the nylon bushes going to be a push fit in to the old mounts where the rubber has perished? I may be interested as I was thinking if anyone made these the other day and was about to buy a new pair of mounts from Citroen. How much are we looking at?